Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away fans at Falmer

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
What is the ticket allocation for away fans likely to be at Falmer? Mind you a game like Brighton Vs Palace we should be given at least 5,000? :clap2:

The ground segragation only allows for around 2,500 in the away end, and as per other posts there won't be room elsewhere anyhow. Give it a few seasons and we should have the corners filled in giving a higher away capacity I expect.

Point taken re current away end - why make the effort and spend the money to not see anything, it has to be by far the worst view from any football stand in the country.

BHAFCONTOUR#1

Jan 17, 2011
I know we like to say they wont i will say they wont but i have a gut feeling the probably will but there will be no point as we will probs thrash the palarse scum 4-0!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The away end holds 2,575 seats which can be segregated when visiting clubs don't sell their allocation. Some clubs will only initially be given 1,000 tickets and the remainder sent when the money has been cleared into the Albion's accounts. At least 4 clubs will be asked for payment up front before any tickets are sent to them.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
The ground segragation only allows for around 2,500 in the away end

It'll allow for more, as by FA rules we'll have to give up to 5,625 (25%) in the FA Cup. Obviously not all (many) teams will need that many, but the ground should allow for it...

Still, given that we'll sell out the home end v Palace, I wouldn't want us to give any more than we have to...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It'll allow for more, as by FA rules we'll have to give up to 5,625 (25%) in the FA Cup. Obviously not all (many) teams will need that many, but the ground should allow for it...

Still, given that we'll sell out the home end v Palace, I wouldn't want us to give any more than we have to...

Not in the South though.
The additional seats in these cases will be in the southern end of the East stand (where they're holding off selling season ticket seats). I gather its mainly club staff that will be bumped from their seats to accomodate this.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Let's face it this may be the only time Palarse get to play at the Amex, after all can they struggle to survive another Championship season ?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

15% in the Fa cup i think. Thats what the 900 match by match tickets in the North end of the east stand are for, takes it up to 3400 odd.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Wrong , FA Cup rules state that the away allocation is 15% of ground capacity but this can be reduced on advice from the police if there are safety issues. The additional away seats in a FA Cup match at the Amex will be in the southern end of the East Stand (club staff , sponsors , comps etc will be moved to the seats which are on general sale for league games.)

Last edited:

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
That's because you struggle to fill your ground.... and before you say we won't fill it, we have sold over 16,000 season tickets

They don't give us 5,000 seats because they struggle to fill their ground you plank, its because it s a f***ing derby. SOmething you won't understand as an Arsenal plastic.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Wrong , FA Cup rules state that the away allocation is 15% of ground capacity but this can be reduced on advice from the police if there are safety issues. The additional away seats in a FA Cup match at the Amex will be in the southern end of the East Stand which for league games are on general sale.

Oh, ok - sorry, and thank you to everyone that has correctly pointed out that it's 15%, not 25%. My bad. :blush:

The point was though, that the stadium itself must have the ability to segregate beyond just the South Stand - and as you point out that seems to be within the East Stand...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They don't give us 5,000 seats because they struggle to fill their ground you plank, its because it s a f***ing derby. SOmething you won't understand as an Arsenal plastic.
No, it's because they don't fill their ground. Are we giving them 4-5,000 because it's a f***ing derby? No.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
No, it's because they don't fill their ground. Are we giving them 4-5,000 because it's a f***ing derby? No.

They gave us that much because it is a big game and their stands support that number. Currently Amex's away end does not and there is no overspill available for league games so we can't offer them that amount. Following expansion I'm sure we would.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They gave us that much because it is a big game and their stands support that number. Currently Amex's away end does not and there is no overspill available for league games so we can't offer them that amount. Following expansion I'm sure we would.
They gave us that much because we could sell those tickets, and so given that fact, the risk of having both sets of supporters in the same stand was not worth taking.

If we wanted to give Palace more seats at the Amex, we could. We could give them 15%. But we won't because those seats will be sold to home supporters, so the fact that it is a derby is completely irrelevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here