Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away Days - Choose your seat

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
The club has an option to enable you to sit with friends. Just organise yourselves and there won't be problems for other people.

Does this option work though for those big games needing loyalty points with mates buying tickets at various stages of the loyalty points system?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Does this option work though for those big games needing loyalty points with mates buying tickets at various stages of the loyalty points system?

No. But then should fans who earned their loyalty points be displaced because a group of people want to sit together?

Alternatively if you are that desperate to sit together, maybe you'll have to gamble that tickets will still be remaining, by the time your friend with the lowest number of points is eligible.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
From the past few seasons experience in particular, final seating position depends on nothing more than how long you decide to spend in the local bar or ground bar, sod all to do with vocal amplitude. And so it should.
Exactly cant see why people need wet nursed into a pacific seat on away days. Everybody should know the away day rule go where you want or can find a space.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Seats on sale for Leeds are the best available for away fans, but Birmingham are the worst.

Often those who buy in advance do not do too well and those who pay on the gate are nearer the action.

Millwall allocate by block only and not specific seat , which seems the best solution.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Seating plans are great, especially in the pre-school environment!! I prefer the 'sit where you like, but near your mates' attitude. If people want a specific seat in row 22, section a.013 that's fine, to each their own I guess.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Interesting to read that Peterborough are now offering their supporters choice of seats for away games when advanced tickets are put on sale.

The amount of times you snap up away tickets early and get allocated the worst seats !

Hope we follow suit !

Won't work unless you get to sit in them. Gave up on away games years ago as so many of our fans belligerently sit in other people's seats and dare you to make a fuss, then stand anyway. How about an allocated area where away fans can sit in the seats instead of being bullied in to standing by the stand or you're not a fan mafia.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I'd always assumed the club looked at where you sat at The Amex and assigned a similar seat in the away allocation. Bit naive I suppose but then I was hoping that having now moved to the north I might spend less time at away games with those less able to stand for 90 minutes.

I've always been a bit reticent to just seat squat, in case some great big hairy bugger turns up wanting an image of my face on the back of her knuckles.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Sit where you like. It's football not the theatre. Set aside a few seats for the elderly, disabled and kids then the rest should be a free for all.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
There is one glaring exception, not relevant this season thankfully. If you are fortunate enough to get a decent view ticket (rare as rocking horse doo doos) then you should indeed guard it with vigour and passion at the dire Loftus Road.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Unallocated (front A-H) ,unallocated (back I-Z) and disabled seating would basically solve it all then?

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Never did when I went and we took the highest away following there that season (2012/13), was stood about 7/8 rows from the front like everybody else.

The wheelchair section is through the middle, so anyone in front of that wasn't allowed to stand, and it was enforced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here