Away at Stoke

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I would think we'll sell our allocation. Most of those saying they won't be going at the moment will be scrambling for tickets when they go on sale. It's the fifth round of the FA Cup away at a Premier League club - when was the last time we got this sort of opportunity? We're 90 MINUTES away from the quarter finals for crying out loud. Some people need a reality check.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
Probably only need 1000, or I might be wrong.

Maybe just 500 or so.

Stadium capacity 28380 or thereabouts; we are entitled to 15% so about 4,200 tickets available unless they see there is little interest in Stoke and they can give us more; It also depends on whether they can keep us all safe; current away fan capacity is 2800 in the South Stand.
Looks like Season Ticket and Gold members will get the tickets;outside chance for Blue; no chance at all for white and others!

Crawley on the other hand could get>11000 tickets!!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Clearly could have been a lot better but then again could have been a lot worse. Will be an interesting game - our passing game v their longer game.

Have to disagree, with the execption of maybe Bolton away, I cant think of a worse tie we could have got. All things taken into consideration.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Stadium capacity 28380 or thereabouts; we are entitled to 15% so about 4,200 tickets available unless they see there is little interest in Stoke and they can give us more; It also depends on whether they can keep us all safe; current away fan capacity is 2800 in the South Stand.
Looks like Season Ticket and Gold members will get the tickets;outside chance for Blue; no chance at all for white and others!

Crawley on the other hand could get>11000 tickets!!
No chance??

I think you're vastly overestimating people's desire to go to Stoke.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Do you think there will be special commemorative scarfs like the match at Villa last season?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Have to disagree, with the execption of maybe Bolton away, I cant think of a worse tie we could have got. All things taken into consideration.

Sheff Wed, Orient, Reading?

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
Do you think there will be special commemorative scarfs like the match at Villa last season?
I should think so. Apparently, this is a MASSIVE game for us.

Sheff Wed, Orient, Reading?
Well, Orient aren't up to much and Wednesday are on poor form so those would be easy wins. Reading would be tricky but I'd rather go there than Stoke. About of the same ability but they don't play boring football, they have a nicer stadium/town and it's easier to get to. Bolton/Wigan and Stoke were the ones I didn't want.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No chance??

I think you're vastly overestimating people's desire to go to Stoke.

It will be a good litmus test of our 'true' support. if we don't sell the full allocation it will indicate we are a bit two bob and just a bunch of gloryseekers. Let's face it, if we can take 3,600 against Watford, who are a division below Stoke, we ought to take more than that for a match against a Prem team...........unless the fanbase are too superior to attend.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I think it is winnable. This is the sort of game where Bridcutt or Kish will be key. Matty Etherington and Kenwyne Jones aside, i'm not too worried about anyone else. Delap is an average player with a big throw.

Stoke will have to come and get the ball off us to hoof it forward.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I should think so. Apparently, this is a MASSIVE game for us.
Its our Cup Final...... surely?..... chuckle,..... their board will be full of "we should be beating teams like Brighton",.... blah blah blah,..... and as for how many will go,.... 6500 to Villa last year,... 4k to Watford,... I doubt any more than 1500 will be interested in this game,.... at best...... unless they make it £10 a head or something.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd have rather Crawleys draw, but it does give us a slim chance of progression. It certainly shouldn't be a distraction from the league!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Winnable and a decent test for our style of play, you would imagine that those not impressed and not going will be replaced with jcl's to sell our allocation out. I collect my new motor from frosts on 17th feb so looks like a first decent run will be to Stoke.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
and others!

If we had 20k and they had 8k I don't think I would feel totally safe at Stoke.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Chances of being on tv 0.

Really?

Assuming that ESPN and ITV broadcast four ties again in this round, Man. United vs Crawley and Leyton Orient vs Arsenal are shoo-ins for TV coverage, and if Man City win their replay, then I'm sure their all-Premiership tie with Aston Villa will get picked out too.

Fulham look likely to knock Tottenham out, so I think we can write off their game against Bolton or Wigan as a TV fixture.

That leaves four matches. Not that I'm a TV executive or expert, but there appears little to choose between all the other ties in terms of what the likes of ITV and ESPN will pick. So, if it turns out four TV games are being shown, I think we have a 25% chance of being chosen for coverage in the next round.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I doubt any more than 1500 will be interested in this game,.... at best...... unless they make it £10 a head or something.

They might make it £10 a head for their fans and still charge us £25...they have a track record in that department, don't forget!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports