Away at Stoke

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Two points Ugly football (?) v Pass & move. Maybe we should should the P*** out the the F/A and player the 3rd X1 ? After all Stoke made six changes for toady,s game at Wolves.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Quote from one of their pissed off fans:

A message to Brighton fans -

Gus Poyet will f*** off at the first opportunity to one of your 'glamour clubs' and you will be back to square one (well you will have a nice new ground with 6-7000 rattling around inside)

I actually thought you were a decent bunch but you have shown yourselves up to look like a right bunch of pricks.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
its a winable game but as much i want to go go i wont be making the trip, i simply cant afford many games this year, had a good day out yesterday so will wait until MK dons

surely this is a bigger game than mk dons? Spend your money on this instead of mk dons is the right answer. Have you seen bha in many 5th round fa cup games?

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
i must be the only soul in sussex and beyond that thinks its a good draw and represents a good chance to progress to the quarter finals , i like what Stoke City have acheived and how they have maintained their premireship status is to be applauded not ridiculed by a league 1 team such as ourselves , the 2 contrasting styles should make for a good game and i am looking forward to going , cough cough ahem :)

Just had a quick look at the stoke beefcake website :moo:, quite interesting how we are being dismissed without a ball being kicked , keep dragging those knuckles boys :)

arismendi's-stereo

Mar 8, 2010
London
Quote from one of their pissed off fans:

A message to Brighton fans -

Gus Poyet will f*** off at the first opportunity to one of your 'glamour clubs' and you will be back to square one (well you will have a nice new ground with 6-7000 rattling around inside)

I actually thought you were a decent bunch but you have shown yourselves up to look like a right bunch of pricks.

This.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
A lot of arrogant, horrible ***** on here these days.
Look, it isn't a winnable home game or Man U away but so f***ing what? It's a Premiership team in round 5 and a decent ground with a slight chance of an upset. I'd take that.
And this idea that Stoke players are all neanderthals who'll try to break our 'flair players' legs is just plain wrong.
Frankly, this kind of reaction makes us look like a bunch of pricks.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I reckon we will give them a game, tough draw I give you but winnable I think. Its certainly not a bad draw, sell out away end, passionate home fans and a test against a tough side.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Oooh it's a bit cold, not very pretty, full of big noisy passionate supporters who call us nasty names, I'm going to go shopping with my girlfriend instead.

What a f***ing embarrassment this board is sometimes.

This! How some of you can come on here and say your not up for a 5th round tie against a good Premiership side is frankly embarrassing.

I can't wait for this.

TheStokie

Jan 30, 2011
Hello, Stoke fan here.

Big big banana skin for us, even at home. Don't fancy it at all.

For those knocking the area, you should try living here for 30 years. ;)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Stoke can play some good football but probably don't against the top prem teams. We might not be quite as good as them knocking it about but will be far more used to the free flowing style if that's how they play - result draw.

If they go for a more physical style, we're probably far more used to that in L1 than top prem clubs are and will deal better with it than they expect - result draw.

Not a good draw but still be a fun and interesting day out. Met some great Stoke fans on holiday other year so they not all idiots, but I think this could affect our league run

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
If i can afford this one i'm quite looking forward to it. Never been to the Brit so its another stadium off my 92 & i was chatting with a chelsea mate who was saying its always a relatively good day out.

Win or not if it turns out to be even half the craic Watford was i'll be very 'appy

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
If Stoke do a ticket offer like Watford did then I'm sure they'll be a decent crowd and you can be sure the atmosphere will be a lot more hostile/noisy/exciting than Vicarage Library. I haven't been to the Britannia but went to the Victoria Ground where the noise could be spectacular and the hospitality... "questionable" but that was in the seventies. As some others have said, at least we're going to a club with a big core of passionate supporters who when they strike up Delilah have one of the most distinctive football songs in the country. And if it's colder than watford yesterday that will be a f***ing achievement.

Joebananas

Jan 30, 2011
Hove based Stoke fan here.

Wow guys, I am shocked by some of the comments on here, totally shocked to be fair. I think some of you are getting a little above yourselves aren't you! Don't forget you have been slumming it at the Withdean for god knows how many years and it has hardly been an attractive away day ground trip for other clubs to come to has it?

The guy who says it will be the usual score of 1-1 or 0 -0 when you play Stoke, well If you have a look at the records the last result between the teams was a 5-2 victory to Stoke, at the Withdean Running track. Also someone makes reference to the Pompey side you beat. Don't forget Laurence and Kitson are players we off loaded to them last season as they weren't good enough.

I have been routing for you all season but some of the insults towards my team on here are quite astonishing particularly when you guys have been to hell and are not even half way back yet over the last decade or so.

Gus Poyet is doing a fine job but do you really think when he gets you promoted, and therefore suddenly puts himself on the radar of the bigger clubs that he is going to turn down a job at any of the Prem teams that are likely to tempt him away? Then your back to square one again aren't you. You got lucky with Poyet but the next one will more than likely still be some journeyman hasbeen like Slade or McGee.

Slag off our style as much as you like. It is not a hoofball as you perhaps think and many a premierside have fallen into the trap. Come and play your tippy tappy football with pleasure. You will find we will defend it effortlessly all afternoon, you will rarely penetrate us, and we will bombard you both directly and most often along the floor and wings with the odd Delap missile for good measure. Interestingly enough I can't remember the last time we scored from a Delap throw yet the uneducated amongst you think that is the only way we score!

So maybe a bit more respect please guys. No were not Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea but we do deserve our place comfortably in mid table of the Premiership for the last 3 seasons and still heading upwards in quality rather than fading away ala Hull, Burnley, WBA etc who have come and gone since we have been there. We fully own our ground ( paid for). We have no debt and are therefore far better placed than some of our Premier League rivals for the future.

Enjoy your trip. Stoke certainly isn't Beverley Hills by any means but it's certainly no worse than Portslade, Hangleton, Coldean, Whitehawk, Moulscombe and London Road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports