Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Award for Amex

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
"During the year over 670,000 people attended matches, concerts or conventions, over 12,000 people went on stadium tours and 89,500 people attended the 1,600 other events that were held at the stadium."

1600 other events?!
I assume that means parties and the like, averaging about 4 per day! Blimey.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
"During the year over 670,000 people attended matches, concerts or conventions, over 12,000 people went on stadium tours and 89,500 people attended the 1,600 other events that were held at the stadium."

1600 other events?!

Not a bad little facility for Sussex :falmer:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton

1600 other events?!

How many stadium tours a day?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Are you sure? I did the tour last month and it took about 2 hours. There were no other tours on at that time as far as I'm aware. They'd be hard pushed to do 30 a day.:eek:

When I did the tour earlier this year there were 4 of us, there were at least 2 other tours going on at the same time, that was in the morning, midweek. Not all tours would have been the supporters paid for ones, we were on a invited tour, one of the others we saw with about 10 people in it was also an invitational tour. The supporters tour had about 3 adults and half a dozen kids. So there's 23 I saw on one morning.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
When I did the tour earlier this year there were 4 of us, there were at least 2 other tours going on at the same time, that was in the morning, midweek. Not all tours would have been the supporters paid for ones, we were on a invited tour, one of the others we saw with about 10 people in it was also an invitational tour. The supporters tour had about 3 adults and half a dozen kids. So there's 23 I saw on one morning.

The original question was how many tours happened each day, not how many people went on tour each day! :D

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Good to see that the Amex and all the hard work put into it is getting some recognition.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The original question was how many tours happened each day, not how many people went on tour each day! :D

mm, Ok, missed that, so I guess perhaps as many as 6, maybe 8 tours a day, of varying sizes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here