Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Avram Grant

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What about Kevin Keegan? Guaranteed promotion as he unlocks our side's attacking flair.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Avraam Grant is a very under-rated manager. However, as a director of football he is even better and one of the best around in that role. I don't think it would be the worst thing to have Grant in as director of football with all his experience in football and he does know the English game, with a younger flair Manager/Head coach like Oscar Garcia.

You are effing joking. He is a total and complete phoney. I've had many dealings with him over the years at Portsmouth, Chelsea and West Ham, and you look in his eyes and know there's nobody home. He'd be asked questions about players' injuries at Portsmouth and wouldn't know the answers. He was sometimes found asleep in his office instead of taking training. Somehow he and Pini Zahavi have conned a few clubs into giving him jobs but TB would never fall for it.

When he was technical director at Portsmouth, or whatever joke job title they gave him, the most responsibility he was ever given was reffing training matches while Redknapp, Adams and Jordan watched. Cones, bibs and balls was about his level - the Israeli John Gorman. When he was promoted from DoF to first team coach at Chelsea, some of the players didn't even know who he was.

If you've ever seen the movie Being There about a mentally retarded man who becomes an influential advisor to the president of the USA, then imagine it set in the world of football and you've got the career of Avram Grant ....

Last edited:

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
You are effing joking. He is a total and complete phoney. I've had many dealings with him over the years at Portsmouth, Chelsea and West Ham, and you look in his eyes and know there's nobody home. He'd be asked questions about players' injuries at Portsmouth and wouldn't know the answers. He was sometimes found asleep in his office instead of taking training. Somehow he and Pini Zahavi have conned a few clubs into giving him jobs but TB would never fall for it.

If you've ever seen the movie Being There about a mentally retarded man who becomes an influential advisor to the president of the USA, then imagine it set in the world of football and you've got the career of Avram Grant ....

Well he's obviously been doing something 'effing' right to keep getting good jobs in football? Not being funny and i don't know your 'links' or 'connections' but i'm guessing they're not on the level of the top guys at chelsea, west ham and formerly portsmouth? He took a chelsea team at a difficult time and led them to the champions league, 2nd in the premier league and i think won the FA cup? Whether you believe he's had that good a career, he has still got a lot of experuence of the english game, which someone like Oscar Garcia doesn't. Grant is very respected in football and i think if this sort of arrangement was in place for Garcia to come in, he'd be more than happy to work with and use the experince of Grant.

And i guess i'm meant to accept that your stories are true and you know him inside out? So in response to your very first comment, no i am not effing joking.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

When he was technical director at Portsmouth, or whatever joke job title they gave him, the most responsibility he was ever given was reffing training matches while Redknapp, Adams and Jordan watched. Cones, bibs and balls was about his level - the Israeli John Gorman. When he was promoted from DoF to first team coach at Chelsea, some of the players didn't even know who he was.

:lolol:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Or just actually be decent at your job, you know .....the good old fashioned way.

That rules out Avram then. Took over from Paul Hart at Portsmouth, achieved a worse points-per-game record and would have got them relegated even without the points deduction. Moved on to West Ham and guess what - relegated again. He's got experience of English football all right, but the consensus on here seems to be that not many people would want to share those experiences. I don't want him anywhere near the Albion.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Met up with some football mates tonight and the name of Avram Grant came up.

Eager to return to English football and at least one of our party thought this a done deal.

Regardless of the rumours, what are NSC's thoughts? Two relegations on his CV, but well connected and has just won Serbian League.

My view is he'd need first class coaching set up behind him.

Is your mate who thinks this a done deal, mixing him up with another former Macabi Tel Aviv manager perhaps?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Yet still got Chelsea to a Champions League Final and runners up in the PL??

Oh please do me a favour. My left bollock could have got that team to the champions league final....it's got as much tactical nous as Grant!

I have seen his coaching "methods" first hand and they are absolutely laughable. Don't insult me my saying he got to the final of the CL and runners up in the Prem when the team he had should have won both!!!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Just spotted him walking out of Little Preston Street, heading in the direction of the Amex.

Make of this what you will.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I heard his nick name at Portsmouth was 'AGBBC' Avram Grant Bibs Balls & Cones. Because bringing them out to the training pitch was his total involvement in the coaching process.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very underrated due to the fact he looks dour. Got Chelsea to within a penalty of winning the Champions League and did very well in the league too.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh please do me a favour. My left bollock could have got that team to the champions league final....it's got as much tactical nous as Grant!

I have seen his coaching "methods" first hand and they are absolutely laughable. Don't insult me my saying he got to the final of the CL and runners up in the Prem when the team he had should have won both!!!

Utter nonsense, Chelsea were something like SIXTH when he took over, he did a very very good job there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here