Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Average tank of fuel now over £100

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
£1.96.9 for Diesel at BP Findon Valley today, at what point will the Government step in and either cut the VAT or the fuel duty?

Or is this, ie effectively 50% tax on all fuel, all part of paying for COVID indirectly?
There ya go. Answered your own question.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I paid Euros 2.09 per litre of diesel in France today. It’s not just us

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sent to me by another NSC poster…made me chuckle

063797EE-2930-47C6-8FB7-074C284BA28E.jpeg

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
TBF it probably depends upon the area. Around here most still walk or get the bus or train. In more rural areas large comprehensive schools are often not walkable from surrounding villages. By contrast in lots of affluent areas down south Mummy’s Range Rover is probably preferable.

To clarify these are kids going to state school(s). It is certainly walkable.

Those types aren’t affected and probably won’t ever be. Hard pressed families, their kids already use buses and always have. Huge mass of other mums moaning about petrol but they are nearly all driving huge suvs, brand new or nearly, typically range rovers. Hundreds and hundreds of people have these now round our way and they ain’t dropping off at private schools either. Discoveries etc are way more common than Fords etc. So my thinking is, if you can afford to taxi young jade or jackson around in a £60-100k car then you really can afford to fill it up. And should probably just shut up about doing so!

Again as above this is a council estate where people don't have £10k cars let alone £100k ones. Public transport is crap so not really an option. But that is no different to when I went to school 30 odd years ago. We walked because we had to. As I said though it was the best part of the day. We used to get up to all sorts on the way to and from school. I can't recall anyone I knew I getting a lift to school from their parents, most people would have died of embarrassment.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Well, personal experience:

Here in Uckfield the cheapest forecourt is usually the Applegreen in town. Price for a litre of Unleaded went up by 11p across last week. Similar rises at the Esso opposite the fire station (which had reached 185.9p on Sunday). It's been a while since I was regularly buying petrol (pandemic and now having an EV), but when I was those 2 forecourts were usually the cheapest I would see on my daily commute from Uckfield to Uxbridge (so glad that's not a daily trip anymore!).

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Apologies if fixtures, but saw a stat on line yesterday that appeared to have the relevant info to back it up and not be fake news.

On 14th June 2008 the price of a barrel of oil was $133 and the average cost of a litre at the pumps was £1.19.9

Yesterday the price of a barrel of oil was $119 but fuel is approaching the £2 a litre mark.

Clearly they are not telling us everything.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here