Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Average Speed Camera - Ticket

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Would be amazed if you didn’t get speed awareness course (as long as you haven’t done one in last 3 years). That’s c4mph above tolerance for most forces. I got one for doing 61 in a 50 on Dartford Bridge a few years back. Found course very worthwhile.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Ty all for the comments - I think lol!

It was the Gatwick 40 mph part, was dong fifty, was wondering if they take the average or just that i was speeding at that time the camera took the image?

Have already done the speed awareness course (twice...ahem!)

Sounds l'll have to take the punishment...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You haven’t come out with that old petrol-heads chestnut of “They should be catching burglars, rather than speeders”.

Why should they when the likes of Smirko can regularly keep them in beer tokens.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I thought that was only available to drivers straying over the limit by a couple of mph.
Not for young tearaways like LI who was seemingly thrashing around Worthing like he's the star of the next Fast & Furious movie.

If you've been caught driving over 10% plus 2mph of the limit, but below 10% plus 9mph, in a 30mph zone, this means anything between 35mph and 42mph. Apparently...

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I travel up the M27 for home games and they have these 'average speed 50mph restrictions' , but no bugger is actually working, wtf ?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Was curious if they prosecuted for average speed on M23 as whenever I drive through there are always loads of people going a lot faster than the limit.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
There’s a 40mph average speed set up on the A217 from Banstead to the M25.
Many have been caught out in the year or so it’s been in operation.
To have this limit on this Road is a bit daft if you ask me.

I reckon you’ll have to accept your punishment on this one fella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I crawled along this bit the other day, on my way back from Sutton.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I got away with one because Surrey Police ticketed me but the cameras between the two “average speed” cams meant I was in Berkshire for a good part of the alleged offence.

I asked them for a letter from the Chief Constable of Berkshire authorising Surrey to collect the fine...never heard from them again.

It took my pedantic mind to realise that cross county co-operation would be needed to enforce the ticket. I’m immensely proud that the cameras responsible have now been moved. Cops 0-1 Bevendean Hillbilly.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Yes, I crawled along this bit the other day, on my way back from Sutton.

I make this journey 5 days per week. It is ridiculously painful mostly as drivers have no lane discipline at all since the speed limit introduction came in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Next year's insurance premium will go up as well.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
There’s a 40mph average speed section on the spur between the M23 and Gatwick at the moment.

I thought that was a fifty average speed in those roadworks?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I was in an interesting average speed situation a few years ago when the A23 was being improved between Pease Pottage and Bolney. An 'exceptional load' was keeping northbound traffic down to about 10mph. When it finally turned off half the drivers absolutely floored it. Cars were coming past me at 100. I doubt if their average speed got much beyond 35mph though.

Not strictly true I'm afraid.

When those works were being done there was 10 camera gantry points.

Average speed cameras measure the speed between 2 gantry's. That doesn't mean the first and last ones. You cant go into a 50 limit at 60 and slow down steadily to 40 at the end to average your speed out.

The measurements may be taken between 1-10, or just 1-2, or 4-7.

You just dont know so it's best to slow down at the first gantry and stick to it.

The same applies for people who join from a slip road half way through. They think they can speed as the first gantry didnt clock them through ANPR. If it's for gantry's 9-10 then they're in trouble.....

Just dont take the chance.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I thought that was a fifty average speed in those roadworks?

No, 40. I drive through there most days. I stick to 54 and 44 on those two rodes using cruise control and regularly get overtaken...

As for the OP, are you famous, rich or know the lawyer that gets the rich and famous off these things? If not, then your done for. Beckham got off because the penalty noticed arrived a day after the 28(?) days they have to inform you, if that helps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here