AVB sacked

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Oscar to the Lane?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Capello would be the obvious one what with Paolo Baldini there but he is Russia manager going into a world cup year so would be odd.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
You reckon Lambert is next to get sacked?

Stranger things have happened, although Lerner's not exactly the firing type. There's a lot of Villa supporters who are turning on PL now, mind: especially after the last 2 dreadful 'performances'. Having seen those games myself, I can't really blame them tbh.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
If only Mr Poyet had waited a few more weeks he could probably have had his pick of vacancies. But more fool him for jumping in at the first job that came up.

With all the sackings going on at the moment, I'm so glad we're shot of him. It would have been a nightmare for everyone here.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What are the chances of Spurs drawing Juventus in the Europa League?!

Edit - they've got FC Dnepro of the Ukraine, so not bad draw but a long way to travel.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I've just read somewhere that Pardew is the 2nd longest serving manager in the PL. He's been there 3 years.

Utter madness.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Pochettino?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I know a Chelsea fan who's been going home and away for years. He always said that AVB was clueless and made some of the most bizarre decisions in terms of tatics, team selection and substitutions. Says most fans were willing to give him a chance at first but were glad to see him go in the end apparently. Probably no surprise then that he hasn't worked out at Spurs either.

Can't help thinking Gus will be kicking himself here. Perhaps after the AVB gamble Gus' chances of getting the job wouldn't have been as good as they could have been, rather than if they'd just parted company with a long serving manager and were willing to take a gamble on a fresh approach. I suspect they'll go for an older experienced head now, but makes you wonder if Gus might have at least been considered as a possibility?, given his past links with the club.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Even if Poyet had not taken Sunderland, I don't think Spurs would have touched him.

Way things are going, Oscar will soon be in the top 10.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Dear Santa, please give Gus the Spurs job. It's what he really wants more than anything, (except Chelsea, and of course it's not "if" he manages mighty Leeds one day, it's "when").

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Even if Poyet had not taken Sunderland, I don't think Spurs would have touched him.

In all honesty I suspect you're right. But stranger things have happened on the good old managerial roundabout.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Yes really. Mourinho wouldn't even promote him to his assistant hence they fell out. Robson only used him as a tactical analyser of other teams. That is a HUGE difference being part of the back room staff, to managing a football team.

You are dead right, he managed a fantastic Porto side and had 1 full season as a manager before getting the Chelsea job. Just 1.

I don't see as you can say he's a hell of a lot better than other managers, how many other managers have the talent of the Chelsea and Spurs squad at their disposal when they start their careers?

He should have stayed with Porto, got 5 years with them under his belt, instead, at 34 he chased the money and the glory and his career is now in tatters. I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

no - they fell out because AVB wanted to manage academica and mourinho didnt think he had the experience, he had been assistant to mourinho at chelsea and inter. he took academica from relegation to mid-table

He won 55.7% of his games in charge of Spurs, the highest win percentage of any Tottenham manager since 1899

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here