Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Autumn statement today ...... hero’s or villains?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
View attachment 70202

I was only basing my opinion on Home Office/BBC stats. The tasking of the Police may have changed leading to shortages in front line response but according to these figures the numbers of Police are roughly the same as 2003. This suggests poor allocation of personnel is the issue.

It's rather noticeable that police officer numbers began to decline in 2010 when the Party of Law and Order assumed power.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I'm guessing you came home to find this which is a bit different to the 'you wake up at 3am to find two burglars in your house' scenario. When something like that happens it is understandable that we all want an immediate response with a satisfactory outcome but having the Police turn up a bit quicker is unlikely to have changed the outcome.

You guess incorrectly, we were in bed - But that's not really the point, I'm not complaining, I'm showing by how far your expectation is not met. That's the reality of the cuts we're seeing, and this is in an urban area, not in a country town....

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think it's perverse how we perceive the price of anything going UP as generally a bad thing until it comes to property when a lot of people (but not all, clearly) obsess about the value of their home increasing.

This surely is because people own property, yet don't own (and, therefore, have to pay -- more -- for) consumables. Which illustrates one of the key points I'm making: a significant proportion of NSCers part/-own highly valuable property, probably putting them in the top global 1% and, perhaps as a consequence, like Osborne's budgets/autumn statements, which stoke them up further.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Like these two posts.
ps are your lot going up this year?

I hope so, oddly given our last experience. Without wanting to railroad the discussion, I think we have pretty much the best squad but a very inexperienced manager - He will make mistakes and some managers will out fox us. If teams go 'toe to toe', we win, but certainly at homes, every team is arriving with a plan to frustrate..... We'll see eh!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Huge investment in NHS and biggest real term increase in state pension for 50 years + living wage #Eviltories

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing

I cant understand it.

A fortnight ago they were economically crucial.

Now they aren't.

Its almost like they never were economically crucial, but a political decision (a bad one obviously), just like the entire austerity agenda.

I was thinking the same. Either it was political and Osborne's been forced to admit he was wrong, or his sums were wrong in the first place. Let's hope he's got them right now, though you do have to question his competence.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
A new stamp duty rate for people buying homes as buy to let will be 3% higher than normal stamp duty - like that. Hopefully another nail in the buy to let coffin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here