Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australian Open

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Looks good Nadal and Feds look set to meet in the Semi so Murray has a chance of making the final again if he wins tomorrow.

Some good tennis so far, this seems to be Murray top comp really and his best chance at a Major. He has the talent to win it, but will he i dunno think he could be another nearly man.

Murray could have a next tough round if him and Monfils get through.

D

Deleted member 18477

djokovic is unreal! murray will have to catch him on an off day! can't see him winning otherwise.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've not been able to see a single match so far. :down: My new job is taking up all my time, it's very frustrating. I love tennis, usually spend the Aussie Open changing my sleeping habits. :lolol:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If he wins tomorrow does he get a bye through to the final!!!!! Or perhaps he has to beat the world No1 and last years wimbledon semi finalist before meeting either Nads or Feds in the final!!!!!

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
If he wins tomorrow does he get a bye through to the final!!!!! Or perhaps he has to beat the world No1 and last years wimbledon semi finalist before meeting either Nads or Feds in the final!!!!!

Why i said a chance.

He has had an injury in the past few tournaments, also Murray has a better record against him on Hard Court

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
This years australian open is really very interesting.

On the mens side:

Djokovic has started strongly and for me is still the man to beat and I think the most likely man to beat him is Murray and if they meet in the semis it could prove to be an epic encounter. Federer I really do think is now getting to old, and although he won in London, this was mainly due to fatigue and injuries to the other top 3 players. Nadal is using a heavier racket and began the tournament with still a few injury concerns and until he fully adapts to his new racket this tournament may be a struggle for him against Murray/Djoko in the final.

I really do believe Murray has a great shot this time around.

On the womens side:

It is really very open indeed with any number of women having a good chance to win it. Serena is back and maybe not 100% but is still in imperious form. Clijsters is playing well. Azarenka is playing very well. Sharapova too. Wozniaki. But for me, Kvitova is the one to beat and her form at the end of last season was incredible and I do think she can power her way to the title.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Murray on court now

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Murray ought to win tomorrow, the guy is 24th seed and has just had a hard 4 hour match against Tsonga., whilst Andy had an easy 49 mins on court and lost 2 games. Assuming Djok wins too, it'll be a good semi - I think Murray has stepped up a little this year, so should stand a chance - Djok can't have another year like last year. One problem may be, if the Jock/Djok semi is an epic 5-setter, it could screw up whoever wins it for the final - then again Rafa/Fed could be a 5-setter too. Either way, it looks like the seedings will work out.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Murray deserves praise for the consistency he has shown in making a 5th consecutive slam semi final, however he now needs to prove that he has got the minerals to actually step up and win a slam.

Stumpy Tim

hmm. It'll be interesting to see what affect Llendl has had on Murray's game, although I guess he hasn't had much time to do anything really.

Apparently Murray is playing much closer to the baseline, and dominating matches more than before. Something he should have been doing years ago. I think he'll give Djocko a close match... might win, might not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here