Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Australian Open (tennis)

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
That’s just incredible! No words

He has something, deep down which just means he cannot give up - you hear about athletes being ‘competitive’ but there are levels!

I actually really feel for him. The guy has competed against 3 of possibly the top 10 players of all time. Been an incredible servant of the sport

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Longest match of Murray's life, apparently only 2 toilet breaks allowed!!

The 5th was a hard watch, incredible.

He looked dead at the end, now needs to recover...

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
He had to dig deep to turn that around. Incredible comeback. His opponent served 37 aces and also deserves a lot of credit.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

No, no he didn't look dead at the end. Those last few games, he came to life. Just phenomenal.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Isn't it about 4 in the morning over there. Bonkers time to be playing tennis - or anything :sleep::sleep::sleep:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Whoever decided at the Aussie open that he was retiring four years ago and organised that presentation must be feeling dumb right now

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Murray certainly rose to his Kokkinakiss challenge but now looks drained and spent.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
It may be an unpopular opinion, but I absolutely love Andy Murray. I do understand why people think he’s ‘boring’, but I think if you scratch beneath the surface there’s a genuinely interesting human being.

I honestly struggle to think of someone of similar profile, talent, success and wealth who remains so humble and, for want of a better word, ‘normal’. For him to have put himself through what he has, in full knowledge he would never rise truly back to the top, tells you something. He’s certainly not doing it for the money.

Today typifies the man; just incredible determination and resilience. Pleased as punch for him. He said after his first round win that he was proud of himself; he deserves to be.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’m of the opinion Andy Murray might well be the greatest sportsman this country has ever produced. He’s certainly the most mentally resilient.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He’s my favourite sportsperson of all time.
Him and John Byrne.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here