Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australian DJ Impersonates The Queen...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Desperately sad news.

I expect that poor nurse was hauled over the coals when they "reviewed their telephone procedures". With all the publicity as well I suppose it just all got too much for her.

Unbelievable the extend to which lives have been ruined from a daft little prank.

This is such sad news and hope the Aussies feel truly guilty as this poor woman would still be alive if this call had not happened.
Do we actually KNOW this is the case then? That's a genuine question, I don't know the answer.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Do we actually KNOW this is the case then? That's a genuine question, I don't know the answer.

Yes, it is confirmed she is the same nurse.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

It's been confirmed it's the same nurse, whether or not there were other things in her life that would drive her to suicide, we don't know. Of course, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before conspiracy theorists start with the whole "the queen had her murdered like with Diana" nonsense.

Not sure I'd be calling for them to be sacked really, after all it was just a prank call, something done all the time by Radio people and I would humbly suggest that they would have NEVER thought for one minute that it would have worked.

Terribly sad news though, not worth taking your life over, if indeed that is what happened.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Well, its been confirmed that it IS the nurse who took the call, I've not seen much more detail other than that yet.

I'm only making an assumption that she would have taken something of a bollocking for giving out confidential information a bit more freely than she should have. I know I'd be braced for it if I'd been duped.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
It was unfunny and disrespectful before the suicide, let alone after.

Not so funny now are they?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt said he understood Mrs Saldanha was the person who answered the call from the Australian DJs and was not the nurse who discussed the duchess's medical condition.

Mrs Saldanha, a duty nurse, answered the telephone because it was 05:30 GMT in the morning and there was no receptionist on duty.

The BBC understands Mrs Saldanha had not been suspended or disciplined by the hospital.

According to BBC it was not her who broke the DPA

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Not sure I'd be calling for them to be sacked really, after all it was just a prank call, something done all the time by Radio people and I would humbly suggest that they would have NEVER thought for one minute that it would have worked.

Terribly sad news though, not worth taking your life over, if indeed that is what happened.

Exactly. If I was her family I would want them hung,drawn, and quartered. But it was just a prank. As said above I wonder what pressure the hospital or journalists from scum papers were putting her under since the call?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The hospital statement, clearly says nurse, not receptionist.

The first reports were that it was the receptionist, then changed to the nurse who gave out the details I believe

Sorry, yes, and as has been noted elsewhere, it was a nurse who was manning the reception. My point of clarification was more that it wasn't the person who gave details to the DJs who died, but the person who connected the call.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Yes, and as has been noted elsewhere, it was a nurse who was manning the reception. My point of clarification was more that it wasn't the person who gave details to the DJs who died, but the person who connected the call.

You are correct, apologies.

"BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt said he understood Mrs Saldanha was the person who answered the call from the Australian DJs and was not the nurse who discussed the duchess's medical condition"

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You are correct, apologies.

"BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt said he understood Mrs Saldanha was the person who answered the call from the Australian DJs and was not the nurse who discussed the duchess's medical condition"

No problem, I should have been clearer in my point.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes, it is confirmed she is the same nurse.

I think the point being made was whether this was solely the cause of her apparent suicide or if there were other factors in her life that took her to the edge.

Agree. As Easy 10 said, I suspect she took one hell of a bollocking from her bosses who of course are now eulogising her skills and how well liked she was but then we all know what bosses do and how different it is to what they say.

As for the DJs, I suspect they are devasted by this but no one could ever have thought this would have ended up like this. How many on this board have played prank on someone and thought it might end up like this?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
But their prank was a bit different to, for example, putting a whoopee cushion under
your gran's seat cushion.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Asking the nurses to save the placenta so the queen can feed it to her corgis would be a prank. Getting confidential medical information publicly revealed is not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here