Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australian DJ Impersonates The Queen...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Does anyone genuinely believe there was a sinister motive behind the prank call. I doubt for one minute they ever expected to get through and once they were they just got themselves deeper and deeper. As for the whoopee cushion analogy, what if grandma had a heart attack! As I said earlier, you wouldn't expect that to be the outcome. If anyone is to blame it is the management of the hospital who, having such a high profile patient, should have had protocols in place and particular make staff aware of the likelihood of fake calls and the like.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Does anyone genuinely believe there was a sinister motive behind the prank call. I doubt for one minute they ever expected to get through and once they were they just got themselves deeper and deeper. As for the whoopee cushion analogy, what if grandma had a heart attack! As I said earlier, you wouldn't expect that to be the outcome. If anyone is to blame it is the management of the hospital who, having such a high profile patient, should have had protocols in place and particular make staff aware of the likelihood of fake calls and the like.

Kind of fair, however, it should not have been broadcast when they found they actually got that far.

Is it much different to the News Of The World accessing Millie Dowlers voicemail?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Kind of fair, however, it should not have been broadcast when they found they actually got that far.

Is it much different to the News Of The World accessing Millie Dowlers voicemail?

I agree to a certain degree. They could quite easily have edited so that details of the care and condition of the Duchess were not aired. I wouldn't quite compare it with accessing the messages of a presumed dead schoolgirl but I know what you mean. The question should be if they had found out something seriously wrong with Duchess and aired that.

However, having said that, the station in question seems to have very questionably morals and seems to set up to shock. Seems from a quick google they are under some kind of restriction following an on air attack on a journalist which was “Fat slag...you’re a piece of sh*t. You haven’t got that much titty to be wearing that low cut a blouse. Watch your mouth girl, or I will hunt you down.” and there are other comments about them and one of the worse from another 'shock jock' is the following .

Radio rape scandal: Is it time for Kyle to be sacked? | Article | The Punch

I would think most would consider this worse than a prank call that went too far. Shows the type of people they employ though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here