Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australian cricketers at the Amex

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Mate, you come across as a pompous buffoon.
I'm all for sucking up to people who can boost our 'brand' and bring in the big bucks, but you're taking a couple of boos and jeers at cricketers out of all proportion.

Absolute twaddle, it's about respecting our guests and for them to go away and advertise the good spirit of the club. You said in your previous post "if our fans are happy, then that's the bottom line."

I am also talking of the North Stand Treatment of Villareal Last Night see thread.

It is attitudes like this that will hold the club back so you can call me all the names you like, but you are still wrong.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Absolute twaddle, it's about respecting our guests and for them to go away and advertise the good spirit of the club. You said in your previous post "if our fans are happy, then that's the bottom line."

I am also talking of the North Stand Treatment of Villareal Last Night see thread.

It is attitudes like this that will hold the club back so you can call me all the names you like, but you are still wrong.

Christ, it was a football match.

They are the Australian cricket team, England's biggest rivals, and a few people boo them. You honestly think an Australian ground would be all happy clappy to the English players?

You're on another planet.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

:yawn: I've seen that thread and do not in any way condone abusing students. That you are comparing the two things is just silly and misguided.
If our fans are happy then that's the bottom line. What do you honestly expect Ryan Harris to do? Start an advertising campaign for us? Wear an Albion kit during a warm up? And who'd even care if he did?

I'd like to see you provide some evidence to suggest that jeering will hold the club back. Ball's in your court on that one.
Until then, how about not being such a drama queen, eh?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Did anyone feel a bit sorry for them last night ? Guy on PA announced them, then they appeared on the pitch at half time , no one to interview them - and them looking bemused thinking what do we do next.

Quick interview would have been sensible one would have thought or not send them on to the pitch

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
:yawn: I've seen that thread and do not in any way condone abusing students. That you are comparing the two things is just silly and misguided.
If our fans are happy then that's the bottom line. What do you honestly expect Ryan Harris to do? Start an advertising campaign for us? Wear an Albion kit during a warm up? And who'd even care if he did?

I'd like to see you provide some evidence to suggest that jeering will hold the club back. Ball's in your court on that one.
Until then, how about not being such a drama queen, eh?

The threads are the same, anything not Brighton gets jeered and abused by some.

So don’t act like a Pantomime Dame and drama queen me.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The threads are the same, anything not Brighton gets jeered and abused by some.

So don’t act like a Pantomime Dame and drama queen me.

Yeah, abusing a bunch of foreign students with wanker signs is EXACTLY the same as booing some well-known sportsman.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Without being offensive to you, you are really showing your ignorance.

The only way this club will move forward is if we can become a brand outside Brighton? You know like being known and supported in the rest of the world and being an international brand.

On one hand we have Bloom working very hard to get us to the top, and on the other hand our reputation is being sabotaged by so called fans.

So if they had been the guest of any of the premier league big boys do you think they would have got a different response?

I don't want anyone other than Brighton fans to have an enjoyable time at the Amex as that'll probably mean they've won.

Turning it on it's head what sort of response do you think the England team will get at the end of the year if they go to an AFL game?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I didn't boo, but I did try to start a chant of "2-0 to the In-ger-land" in WSL.

On reflection, starting a chant in WSL is probably the bit where I went wrong :lolol: :tumble:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
None. Football's over by September.

Pedant! OK ANOther backwards sport that involves running into one another at speed with an odd shaped ball that you play down there.

Yep, there would have been some clever wit to the banter, like SeagullSongs; "2-0 to the In-ger-land"

Booing is cheap, easy, and doesn't need brain cells.

Right ok, so the Aussie team would have been ok with 2-0 to the Ingerland but by booing they're going to go home thinking football fans, particularly Brighton are vapid morons. In turn the club is never going to grow into a global brand (because I'm sure little Bruce on Ramsay Street is desperate to follow a second division soccer (their word not mine) side and just can't decide which one to go for) and therefore we're always going to be stuck in the dark ages with only fans with hooves for hands who only have the brain power to booo and not extend their vocabulary to the very hard to think of 2 nil to Ingerland??

I'm going to the test match on Friday I'll make sure I'm nice to Aussies just in case they go home thinking worse of us Brits. How very banner manners of us to win the first two tests!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Pedant! OK ANOther backwards sport that involves running into one another at speed with an odd shaped ball that you play down there.

Well they can walk them out for an A-league game, however knowing the ethnic make up of soccer fans I doubt they'd give a flying frogs fat arse about cricketers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here