Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australia v England- Rugby Union - 2nd Test- Melbourne

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Not a great rugby fan per se but I love watching international rugby and this is a monumental game, they would give The All Blacks a scare.
But of course the Aussies won't except defeat because we have an Aussie coach.
Worst losers of any nation.
I love it when we beat Australia at anything.

"accept"

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hope this amazing series win gets the press it deserves. Due to the Euro's its almost forgotten

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Screenshot (3).png

Defensive stats. Speechless.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Listened to that on the radio in the car, it sounded very intense!

Well done England.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That's the first time I have been pulled up by the police on here, something I find very frustrating, gutted.
But I demand a suspended sentence as the offender was the predictive text m'lud.
Please don't tell me there is another mistake in this post.

You have a light sentence. Your community service is to tell the national newspapers to put this on the front pages where it belongs. This series win is huge for English sport. Even non rugby folk should know how heavy an achievement it is.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Massive accomplishment. The abject home defeat to Australia in the World Cup only 9 months ago is a distant memory.

Bring on New Zealand.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not a great rugby fan per se but I love watching international rugby and this is a monumental game, they would give The All Blacks a scare.
But of course the Aussies won't except defeat because we have an Aussie coach.
Worst losers of any nation.
I love it when we beat Australia at anything.

That's not actually true. They don't like losing anything, but you should never mistake that for sour grapes. They are generally quick to acknowledge when they have faced superior opposition. On this occasion they have.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Wales ran them close in the 1st Test last week.

England are definitely on the rise under Eddie Jones whilst the All Blacks lost a number of key players through retirement after WC '15.

New Zealand at Twickenham in November/December might just be there for the taking.

el punal

Sometimes, in any sport, there is a passage of play that is so remarkable that it will live in the memory for ever. Today we witnessed the most astonishing defensive display by an England rugby team. It was team spirit personified with every player fighting for the cause and never giving an inch. Astonishing, remarkable, unforgettable.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Sometimes, in any sport, there is a passage of play that is so remarkable that it will live in the memory for ever. Today we witnessed the most astonishing defensive display by an England rugby team. It was team spirit personified with every player fighting for the cause and never giving an inch. Astonishing, remarkable, unforgettable.

I know what you mean. 14 June 2003, Wellington, we beat the All Black's despite having 2 men in the bin in the 2nd half. What happened months later is history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here