Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Australia tour for Palace and West Ham

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Any chance we could get Wilf in the nets with Brett Lee?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Heard about this a couple of weeks ago from a Palace supporting family member who lives out there.
Roy has visited there with previous clubs, plus lots of Hammers and Palace fans out there, so there should be a demand from ex pats . ( Brighton fans can also attend to boo !)
Should be a good trip.

el punal

I read in the London Eve. Standard tonight that Palace and West Ham will both play
in a tournament of sorts in Oz for their summer break (playing Robbie Fowler's
team or something in Brisbane (I might be wrong on this)).

If true, my question is:

Why the flip weren't our PR people all over this like a cheap suit since, errrr, hello, we do
have two Australian Internationals in our side? Do we have a PR team or marketing group
at all? A big marketing opportunity gone!!

Instead, we will no doubt end up in some God forsaken mountain village in Austria which
nobody has ever heard of or would ever want to go, instead of somewhere interesting.

Can't say I'm not p&&&&d off about this situation.

So what? I would rather we retained our Premier League status, strengthened our squad in the summer and improve for the next season. I don’t give a toss about some marketing jolly down under, and, to be honest who’s it going to benefit. Let’s our priorities right, it seems you’re more concerned about a so-called PR exercise than having the team properly trained and prepared for next season - hopefully the PL.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Heard about this a couple of weeks ago from a Palace supporting family member who lives out there.
Roy has visited there with previous clubs, plus lots of Hammers and Palace fans out there, so there should be a demand from ex pats . ( Brighton fans can also attend to boo !)
Should be a good trip.

Is that the ‘Yeah, definitely’, in the pub, or the ‘Here is my deposit, tell me when the balance is due’ when sober the next day?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Great to see two of our 'leading' clubs doing their bit for global warming. Whatever happened to pre-season jaunts to Torquay...………...

007A784B-92E4-4204-9D89-B3407B36A979.jpeg

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

Thats really interesting....I visited a town in Lincolnshire a few years ago at the story around those parts were that the Romans had massive vineyards in the area, I doubted that was true but looking it up it was! and 250 square miles of Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire Buckinghamshire were given to vineyards because it was warm enough even in Liconshire...anyway I digress, I like the friendlies against the like of Lewes and East Grinstead as well.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Pre-season tournaments in Australia indeed! Does no one care about the environment?

I favour a Continental Cup round robin tournament with Lille, Amiens and Calais.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
To those who want The Albion to go halfway round the world...
Do you really want them to come back from pre season knackered and jet lagged ?

Seems to be a money making exercise rather than season preparation.

Good point and don’t forget next season will start a week earlier .

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
…………..and future projection please?

Can’t really get an accurate prediction, as shown by the previous thousands of year the temperature always changes.

If you go by the climate mentalist’s predictions from the 70’s, we should either be under water or frozen by now.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Pre-season tournaments in Australia indeed! Does no one care about the environment?

I favour a Continental Cup round robin tournament with Lille, Amiens and Calais.

A four way tournament over a weekend at the Amex would be great. I'll go for Us, Lille, St Ettienne and Dundee Utd please.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Can’t really get an accurate prediction, as shown by the previous thousands of year the temperature always changes.

If you go by the climate mentalist’s predictions from the 70’s, we should either be under water or frozen by now.

I'm not sure that climate change analysis is your strong point. Indeed, I'm not sure what is your strong point. This link might help and 99% of climate scientists (or mentalists in your term) could adduce more evidence.

https://www.independent.co.uk/envir...ver-winter-europe-norway-latest-a9320956.html

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I'm not sure that climate change analysis is your strong point. Indeed, I'm not sure what is your strong point. This link might help and 99% of climate scientists (or mentalists in your term) could adduce more evidence.

https://www.independent.co.uk/envir...ver-winter-europe-norway-latest-a9320956.html

Climate scientists :D Are these the ones who got their predictions massively wrong?

Since records began? When was that then?

When it was warmer in Roman times, did they blame it on fossil fuel usage?

What does it matter if it’s warmed? As seen in the diagram, we are cooler than we have been before and we will warm again. We are actually coming out of an mini ice age.

You do know that amount of CO2 in the atmosphere has been higher in the past than it is now?

And you also know that more CO2 means more rain for arid areas which allows for more crop growth?

There are far bigger things to worry about that could destroy mankind, mainly asteroids and comets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here