Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Australia go bonkers - worry for England

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
(what happened to the cricket ball icon?)

482 in under 90 overs - more than 5.5 runs an over. I'm trying to think of the last time that a team scored at that sort of rate against a major test team.

Only the weather saved SA in the first test and they're being tonked all over the place in the second. Clarke has just hit his fourth test double ton of the year and with Mr Cricket back in form after his little break, it's looking a little ominous for England in the Ashes series.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Being played in Adelaide. #shudder

(scene of the only test match where watching the final day has left me wanting to punch the television)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Being played in Adelaide. #shudder

(scene of the only test match where watching the final day has left me wanting to punch the television)

I was just discussing that with a work chum, it was a horrible day and I was in Sydney at the time walking past loads of packed pubs. :down:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Four DOUBLE tons in a calendar year, is an INCREDIBLE achievement.

Amazing scenes.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

482 in under 90 overs - more than 5.5 runs an over. I'm trying to think of the last time that a team scored at that sort of rate against a major test team.

Only the weather saved SA in the first test and they're being tonked all over the place in the second. Clarke has just hit his fourth test double ton of the year and with Mr Cricket back in form after his little break, it's looking a little ominous for England in the Ashes series.

England scored 407 in 79 overs in the 2nd test in 2005 which is about 5.2 runs per over.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

Not really. Flat deck, Steyn and Kallis injured for large parts of the day and SA lack a real quality spinner like Swann.

They've got to learn how to properly play a seaming moving ball in English conditions, something they havent mastered on the last two tours. Michael Clarke has barely scored a run in England as well.

Next summer's Ashes will show us back to our best.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Clarke - 1,265 in nine matches at 140.55, 2012

'kin hell

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I think that we should all buy one of these and stand right in the middle of the Aussie crowds...

336795364_897470d4ef.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here