Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aug 6th Absentees

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Are there any STH's not going to make the Donny game due to their partner wanting the annual family holiday at this time?

If so, MAN UP! I hope this is a short thread, LOL .....
Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Worse, I am flying out of UK on 25 September :cry:

Seriously contemplating coming back for just one day on 27th.

I will however make the game on the 6th August

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
Arranged 2 week hols during Wimbledon instead of the usual beginning of August this year-wise move!.Am going to Donny game but a bit of a close call,having to leave at the whistle to get to London to see Iron Maiden at the O2! leaving SNG jnr to make his own way home!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The family holiday starts on 6th August. Wife, kids, friends flying to France in the afternoon. I take the overnight ferry from Portsmouth in the evening!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Thought most fans had wised up and looked to the future....never,ever book anything during the football season....seemples.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Worse, I am flying out of UK on 25 September :cry:

Seriously contemplating coming back for just one day on 27th.

I will however make the game on the 6th August

Me too.

Never been to a Palace game, and we book the holiday for then. :facepalm:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'm safe for the Donny game but like stoo and Icy I'm on holiday for the Palace game which is a tad gutting.
I'm meant to be at a wedding reception on the same Friday as the Leeds game, but have told the wife I'll see her there after the match...she ain't happy.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I've booked a holiday in Croydon....advice please!.........................................................................Ducks down and quickly signs off!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm not missing Donny but wont see Blackpool and Peterborough for this reason. Women huh?

yes I have the same, however I am not all that fussed as we have a nice holiday booked. looking forward to the 6th immensely though.

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
Wedding in Northen Ireland over the opening weekend. I was one of very few hoping they'd stick the Donny game on tv on the sunday eve/monday night so i could make it back.

Words cannot describe how gutted i am.

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
Inexcusably booked a family holiday to Italy months ago with flight times that get us back to Gatwick the evening of the 6th. Completely stupid, couldn’t believe it when I realised! Luckily I have an amazing wife, and with her kind agreement I have booked an early flight home in order to be there…just.

chesterseagull

Mar 1, 2005
Work it out
Two week annual holiday begins 29th July, however this year I have persuaded the wife that Eastbourne offers much much more than the South of France. Come 3.00 on the 6th of August I'll be enjoying the glorious sunshine of our lovely Amex Stadium.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
After protracted negotiations I have managed to get my better half to agree to delaying our holiday by a week. This means I will miss the Blackpool game but will be back the day before the Peterborough match where I expect CMS to score at least 5!

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
My father is away on Holiday so i get to use his ticket for that day. i have already told my team, and cricket team, that i can't play that day.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Not only did we plan our holiday to keep August 6th free, but my delightful wife has arranged to return from her Mum's by train on the day of the Blackpool game, when I was supposed to be driving two hundred miles to collect her. It only means that I'll miss the P'Boro game as we're away camping and it's our wedding anniversary.

I love her very much :smile:

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Worked out nice for me

We all thought we would be home on the 6th, so with that in mind we booked our weeks holiday the following Saturday (pride)
We miss the Gillingham game but I'm not concerned about that, and two away games at Cardiff and Pompy and then an early rise the next Saturday to make it back for Blackpool at home!
Slightly gutted about missing the Pompy away game but it could have been a lot worse

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here