Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Attwell on saturday

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Can’t argue with any of the replies regarding the cards, or lack of them, even Pope could of got one for time wasting in the first half hour. What I would say though, is how did Newcastle not get a penalty. It was just after they’d scored and it looked like Estupian was going to have one of their shirts off here it was pulled so much as we were defending a corner or free kick.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Not sure about that. Pretty sure Dahoud was booked for crowding him/dissent.

He wasn't perfect today, no. But we've had and will have far worse performances from officials than todays.
Dahoud was booked for asking for a yellow for a Newcastle player. It’s a new rule this year. Having said that, Attwell decided not to enforce it all game until that moment.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What a surprise…
Ooh I have a plastic fanboy - notice you couldn’t provide evidence of a ‘hissy fit’ or me blaming the ref last week. Just ignored it cos you were wrong and being a knob as per - sad when you make false remarks then get called out eh 😜

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Dahoud was booked for asking for a yellow for a Newcastle player. It’s a new rule this year. Having said that, Attwell decided not to enforce it all game until that moment.
He also decided not to enforce the other 'new' rules this year - like retreating 10 yards, bookings for carrying/kicking the ball away - and so on. But that's not just him, it seems to have been dropped by all refs after just two weeks.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ooh I have a plastic fanboy - notice you couldn’t provide evidence of a ‘hissy fit’ or me blaming the ref last week. Just ignored it cos you were wrong and being a knob as per - sad when you make false remarks then get called out eh 😜
Ask him if he went for a change

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
was pretty decent today. no huge decisions to make, however
On a bad day, could have incorrectly given a pen against Dunk, and incompetent VAR wouldn't have overturned it.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
He also decided not to enforce the other 'new' rules this year - like retreating 10 yards, bookings for carrying/kicking the ball away - and so on. But that's not just him, it seems to have been dropped by all refs after just two weeks.
Thought he could have played advantage better as well

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Albion win comfortably.

'Ref was good today'

If none of Ferguson's three shots had gone in and we lost 1-0...

'Attwell was a disgrace today'
That's just BS. There are times when we lose and posters lay into the culprits (players) and times when we win and still ctiticise the ref, because they've had a poor game.

Of the 20 PL teams last season, it's probably accurate to say that Brighton received the most (meaningful) decisions against them. It is ok to say that.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
That's just BS. There are times when we lose and posters lay into the culprits (players) and times when we win and still ctiticise the ref, because they've had a poor game.

Of the 20 PL teams last season, it's probably accurate to say that Brighton received the most (meaningful) decisions against them. It is ok to say that.

Based on the fact that we got more Howard Webb visits with official apologies, then, yes, utter BS

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Albion win comfortably.

'Ref was good today'

If none of Ferguson's three shots had gone in and we lost 1-0...

'Attwell was a disgrace today'
He was weak and obviously had Spurs on his mind. Could have sent off Burn. Why did he book Dahoud? I assume for telling him he should have handed out a booking to a Toon player, which would have been the correct decision, saving Dahoud a booking

He was certainly not good imo

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
I think our expectations of Atwell were very low, so by that measuring stick, he did ok.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here