Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Attention seeking idiots

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
With a glorious view of the bay, or go to the hide, and take photos of the egrets.

A436F825-FF31-422A-8010-2C27C49E4B85.jpeg

And some nice views of Newhaven in the background :)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yeah, railway safety is always frowned upon in the UK. Drummed into us from a very early age, so you bare that in mind Mr Swan.

To be honest, I've got visions of Sweden being so far ahead of us technologically, you know, hover trains and the ability to harness free energy! :)

From my phases of train nerding, Sweden and UK are fairly similar when it comes to railways and railway tech. Both doing the dumb privatisation thing, both using ATC as the train protection systems - quite old but nicely working systems making us reluctant to adapt the whole ETCS thing. I've never been to your island but I can imagine going by train there is a lot more similar than it is to going by train in Germany etc where you still see ancient stuff like semaphores, sometimes local train dispatchers and older types of railroad switches.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
From my phases of train nerding, Sweden and UK are fairly similar when it comes to railways and railway tech. Both doing the dumb privatisation thing, both using ATC as the train protection systems - quite old but nicely working systems making us reluctant to adapt the whole ETCS thing. I've never been to your island but I can imagine going by train there is a lot more similar than it is to going by train in Germany etc where you still see ancient stuff like semaphores, sometimes local train dispatchers and older types of railroad switches.

Our trains are alright.

When they turn up.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yeah I know, grandpa. "Back in my day... we used to follow every rule and be completely law abiding model citizens... kids these days though, all stupid and dangerous." Old people whining about absolutely nothing is one of the oldest things around.

What these girls/women are doing is perhaps not something guided by the ancient wisdom people here possess but its still pretty innocent and if there was no train around it was also completely harmless. Sometimes in the middle of the night I've walked across completely empty streets despite red lights and guess what, I survived every time. With margin.

https://twitter.com/btp/status/1352605647263719427?s=21

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I wonder if that was the phrase going through the mind of the bloke at Streatham Common when he turned see the train I was driving bearing down on him at 70mph. I couldn't ask him as his head was somewhere near Norbury

Sadly few acknowledge how train drivers react/cope to that. I hope you were okay. I also not the horrible and difficult job of body retrieval.

theboybilly

Sadly few acknowledge how train drivers react/cope to that. I hope you were okay. I also not the horrible and difficult job of body retrieval.

I was alright and well looked after by the Police, paramedics and the company. It was October 2008 and I was asked by the BTP to pop in just before Christmas to 'tie up a few loose ends'. I was asked if I thought it was a suicide to which I replied 'No, as he was waiting for another train to pass before crossing forgetting that trains ran on the line he was standing on'. I added that he could have been taking a short cut between stations but he would have been quicker just getting on a train. In my opinion he was up to no good. The Police seemed to agree. Had that been a child, or somebody falling accidently I would have viewed it differently but this bloke made a choice to risk his life. Just like these idiots at Seaford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here