Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Attending games on your own

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Thankfully I have always gone with family to watch the Albion, but until recently I used to watch Colchester United alone. Didn't mind it at all - 25 minute drive from where I live, so could leave house at just before 2 and be back around half 5. Very tame atmosphere so didn't feel awkward. My philosophy is that I don't want to miss out on enjoyable experiences just because I have no one else to go with!

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Just wondering how many fans there are who regularly go to games on their own/have always gone on their own or have met up with other solo attendees who sit around them?
I saw on the FA cup threads that people are missing out on going because their partner/family member wouldn’t be eligible for a ticket. Fair enough, but got me thinking. As someone who is happy to go to games (home or away) on my own or with other people, I just wondered how many people do routinely go on their own?
Usually go with my old man but very happy to go no my own.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Never shared an interest in football with friends and many in fact actively hate football fans, it's sad, I've tried to impress how it feels but no joy. I just wish I'd started going earlier, used to see fans making their way to Withdean on the train to work and always wanted to go but didn't have the courage until years after.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Well I don’t think the club ever need worry up the uptake of single seats. Could dedicate a whole block to single seats, for like minded single attendees who want someone just to nod to occasionally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here