Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attendances Thread

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Reading's are only up because Leeds took over 4,000 there.. They had over 21,500 for that game (+20% on last season's average) and 16,500 the week after against MK Dons (-3%).

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
If we cant match Palace I shall hang myself. That will be 1 less person on the stats.

Palace get 15k in the Championship with Groupon whereas we have hit 28k+ actual bums on Amex seats in the Championship without resorting to Groupon, effectively double so I don't think we've got much to worry about on that score.

The first three league matches at The Amex last season attracted 77,617 people meaning we will need 30,335 tomorrow to match this. That's not going to happen.

The best gate out of the three matches was last seasons opener of 26,993. Would hope we could match this.

Our best gate so far is the opener against Forest of 24,623. Would be really poor if we don't match this.

Feb 14, 2010
Don't give a flying doo doo's

Never understood people fascination with crowd sizes.
I really don't get it, what is appealing about the the number of people that attend games :shrug:

The interest is because it is a test of the size of a club. Players, managers, chairman, they come and go. Trophies are the goal but credibility comes from being a well supported club despite no success. Equally, clubs like palace whose fans only turn up for top flight football enjoy success compared to many clubs in the football league but they are a club with no credibility as a result. You can add Wigan and Wimbledon to that list as well.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The first three league matches at The Amex last season attracted 77,617 people meaning we will need 30,335 tomorrow to match this. That's not going to happen.

The best gate out of the three matches was last seasons opener of 26,993. Would hope we could match this.

Our best gate so far is the opener against Forest of 24,623. Would be really poor if we don't match this.

Good stats but even that doesn't necessarily tell the full picture given there will have been empty seats from non-present STH, of which I suspect there were fewer this season due to lower renewals. Also, how much of a factor is the opposition in these numbers ? Were the first three last season all Saturdays ?

With everything so rosy in ranch, I am reverting to this thread for some debate. Was surprised at the size of today's gate of 24,815. Really thought we would have sold more considering. Indeed our attendances seem to be slipping. It can't be anything to do with the performances!

Looking at the first 3 league games of the season since we have been at The Amex, 2011 campaign was lowere averaged but then the capacity was lower. Currently the stats are:

2011 19789
2012 25568
2013 26349
2014 25872
2015 24032

Will we get 24000 on Tuesday night? Probably not.

Any thoughts?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Any club in the championship would be happy with 24,000 plus average. If we keep going as we are we will be 26,000 average. As someone said on a different thread, there aren't too many team who get that sort of support in the championship.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
With everything so rosy in ranch, I am reverting to this thread for some debate. Was surprised at the size of today's gate of 24,815. Really thought we would have sold more considering. Indeed our attendances seem to be slipping. It can't be anything to do with the performances!

Looking at the first 3 league games of the season since we have been at The Amex, 2011 campaign was lowere averaged but then the capacity was lower. Currently the stats are:

2011 19789
2012 25568
2013 26349
2014 25872
2015 24032

Will we get 24000 on Tuesday night? Probably not.

Any thoughts?

Rotherham will bring only a few hundred fans compared to Hull and walk up will be less so no. It probably won't be 24K.
The obvious answer to this i guess is that thanks to churn but also our poor results last season, our season ticket sales are down at least 5% -10% on 2014/15 (the club have not confirmed publicly total season ticket sales this year although they've hinted its in this range) so our average will inevitably down as well.
Our continued good form will cushion that a bit as well the club's offers and promotions but it will be very hard to maintain the 25K+ of last year. Even if we're TOP OF THE LEAGUE. (i thought i'd just mention that).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Guessing less 'no shows' in the reported figures this year ???

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Think we had the highest home attendance in the Champ today (depending how many brentford took to leeds) :shrug:

I suspect a lot of clubs are struggling with the economy not as strong as Osborne would have you believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here