Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attendance v QPR

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Leave Haywards Heath 18.30hrs in the ground by 19.15 ish thanks to Costellow double decker bus driven by an ex Albion Player who won't be doing it next season due to change of job:clap2: . Great group of guys and girls and young fans and old fans and P.M:bowdown:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I can't understand why this is not sold out as it is the most important game of the season we need to win and other results go our way and then the Charlton game becomes he most important and if we win then the Derby Game could become the most important game in the club history and let's hope the last game is a party rather than a must win game.:facepalm::drama::vuvu:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think it's that bloody transport issue.

Evening game and the risk that post work you might not even get to the ground in time (thanks to Southern Rail). I know Fulham transport chaos was a one off, but for those supporters buying tickets game by game then that can put them off - even if it is only perception.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Also, wouldn't Hereford always be the most important game in club history?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Also, wouldn't Hereford always be the most important game in club history?

yes it was at the time but now the club is trying to move forward and it would be fantastic for TB to achive his Five year plan. He does deserve a full house and it was great to see the North Stand rocking at the Fulham game.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I can't understand why this is not sold out as it is the most important game of the season we need to win and other results go our way and then the Charlton game becomes he most important and if we win then the Derby Game could become the most important game in the club history and let's hope the last game is a party rather than a must win game.:facepalm::drama::vuvu:

Match by match tickets are too expensive. We had Fulham then QPR then Derby. If you had to choose between a midweek game v QPR or a possible promotion Bank Holiday game v Derby then it's obvious which one those without ST would go for.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Match by match tickets are too expensive. We had Fulham then QPR then Derby. If you had to choose between a midweek game v QPR or a possible promotion Bank Holiday game v Derby then it's obvious which one those without ST would go for.

Agree with that on an individual by individual basis, but one would hope we'd have a queue of people wanting to get tickets.

And as a PS to Birdman, I agree on moving forward, but without Hereford, we'd none of us be here.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Have we sold out yet :amex:

Many other posts talk of the problems that were encountered last Friday and sadly, but inevitably, this puts people off night matches to an extent, so the hundreds of spare seats come as no surprise. Obviously the die-hards will be there irrespective, but to the less than totally committed fan, transport issues will be a mitigating factor.
In my own case, I drive to Polegate for night matches, and get the train there, as the train connections to Eastbourne are good , but not then not onward to Hastings after the match. I would get back very late. Understandably, some will be put off by this.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I understand that this game has been the ugly child of the Fulham, QPR, Derby sequence from quite early on and I guess it makes sense.

For those with kids, a Friday night game has considerable more appeal than a Tuesday night - you can let them have a late night for a treat and know that they don't have school to get over. The appeal of the Derby game is obvious.

Many may have been waiting to see how things looked after the Fulham game before making a decision on tonight. Whilst things are ridiculously exciting, if someone was caught up in Friday's train carnage and couldn't guarantee travelling early tonight, then I don't blame them for giving it a miss. Why spend all that money on a match ticket when you may not get to see the whole game?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I understand that this game has been the ugly child of the Fulham, QPR, Derby sequence from quite early on and I guess it makes sense.

For those with kids, a Friday night game has considerable more appeal than a Tuesday night - you can let them have a late night for a treat and know that they don't have school to get over. The appeal of the Derby game is obvious.

Many may have been waiting to see how things looked after the Fulham game before making a decision on tonight. Whilst things are ridiculously exciting, if someone was caught up in Friday's train carnage and couldn't guarantee travelling early tonight, then I don't blame them for giving it a miss. Why spend all that money on a match ticket when you may not get to see the whole game?
All of this.

No shame in the fact that we attract a lot of families to The Amex and may get "only" 26K on a Tuesday night with 1K away fans.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
All of this.

No shame in the fact that we attract a lot of families to The Amex and may get "only" 26K on a Tuesday night with 1K away fans.
Indeed. Middlesbrough got 23,400 for Reading last week.

Personally I think it'll be around 26,500 - 1,000 fewer home fans than Friday and 1,000 fewer away fans than Fulham's highly impressive support (in terms of numbers and noise)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Agree. I thought the Albion ought to have sold composite tickets for the last seven, five and three home games with season ticket preference options as a sweetener.

Travelling time makes midweek game a very long day for many. And you don't have to live that far away.

At least some of the people stuck on the train they were going to the Amex for the first time (and not from Fulham).

The seats that remain empty tend to be the ones that are overpriced.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not sure the trains can actually cope with a midweek 28K attendance, when most of that number actually turn up. Maybe they've only got away with it up til now because of the pretendance figures.

Not many in the north, mainly singles apart from 100 in the NE corner.

Apart from that there will be some gaping holes, namely in the south, WSL wings, north end of ESU and the family stands in the ESL.

I predict 26200 with 1150 from QPR

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
As well as travel problems match day tickets at £42 far too high. Just rang friend who can only go to non Saturday games and he said at £42 he will just go to Derby game. He went to Burnley game. At £30 he would have gone to last 4 games which would have been increased revenue. Before you ask There is a group of 10 in East stand he knows and doesn't want to sit on his own in cheaper seat

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Attendance was less than the average last season. 25,411.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here