Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attendance Run

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
This Saturday I will finally miss an Albion first-team, competitive home game for the first time in nearly 14 years.

On 7-4-93 whilst I was on my sick bed we were beating Mansfield Town 3-1 at the Goldstone. I have been to every home game since then which includes all competitions such as the Auto-Windscreens/LDV or whatever you want to call it. This also encompasses attending every game in our 2 season exile in Gillingham and the subsequent years at bloody Withdean.

At the end of the 1992-1993 season I had my run going so I decided to see how long I could keep it going and 14 years on here we are. I have to say at times it has been a bit of a bind but I have kept it up and perservered. As it progressed friends have often said, "just miss one to get it out of your system" but I always resisted. But with it coming to a closure this weekend and therefore I will no longer have the (self-imposed) pressure of trying to protect the run I can see myself missing home games in future.

So it all comes to an end this Saturday when we take on Huddersfield Town, it will be sad but it has been good.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Tel Aviv BHA

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
A great acheivement. Hats off. Ive only ever missed one competitive albion game at withdean and missed 13 games in 5 seasons (all but one were midweek away) I suppose thats nothing compared to you though.:clap:

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Barrel of Fun said:
So we are not going to get a Huddersfield match report? :angry: :jester:

Well done and enojyed the well earned break. You can gurantee it will be a 9 goal thriller. :D

I guess its not a break from football though, as I assume you are off to Tel-Aviv?

Edit; Thimble K that is, not BoF

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Statto said:
A great acheivement. Hats off. Ive only ever missed one competitive albion game at withdean and missed 13 games in 5 seasons (all but one were midweek away) I suppose thats nothing compared to you though.

13 games home and away?

I think that is amazing.

Serious questions;

How do you get the time off work / college?

How do you find the money?

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
hans kraay fan club said:
13 games home and away?

I think that is amazing.

Serious questions;

Im struggling to answer that myself mate.:D

I work monday to friday with a very early start, so It aint duifficult for the weekend games. I think I went 4 years without missing an albion competitive game on a saturday, it started against reading away the year us and them went up and there was that controversy about the tickets. It finnally ended when I missed the Forest away game this year Coz of a poxy familly wedding. I have only missed Orient and Bristol City (JPT) since then. I miss on average around 3-4 games per Season.

In many ways ill be glad in the summer. The money wont be an issue. :lol:

Last edited:

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
hans kraay fan club said:
13 games home and away?

I think that is amazing.

Serious questions;

:eek: More to the point - How do you get your Missus to agree?

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh well - presumably someone will advise you the scores when you miss this 20 goal thrashing !

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
ManOnTheRun said:
:eek: More to the point - How do you get your Missus to agree?

That is actually a bigger issue for me than the money, now that I'm all grown up!

I make all but 2 or 3 home games, but even that needs a bit of persuasion sometimes, as its really most of Saturday gone [ I live 80 miles away]. I play Sundays so she feels that the Saturday's when we are away are 'her time' for going on family trips, huge shopping expeditions, etc.

An away game for me involves Henry Kissinger style negotiations, limiting me to half a dozen games a year.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Thimble Keegan said:
On 7-4-93 whilst I was on my sick bed we were beating Mansfield Town 3-1 at the Goldstone. I have been to every home game since then which includes all competitions such as the Auto-Windscreens/LDV or whatever you want to call it. This also encompasses attending every game in our 2 season exile in Gillingham and the subsequent years at bloody Withdean.
I always wondered who these sad twats were who seemingly have nothing better to do than watch a football team EVERY SINGLE game they play. Jesus.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Part-timer.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Look at all these johnny come latelys only going to the glory games!

I havent missed a Brighton game for a whole WEEK and i didnt get a west ham ticket!

I once went to EVERY single Brighton game home and away for FOUR weeks in a row!

That my friends is an achevement!

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
I went on a similar run of 7 years without missing a home game and it does become a bind to a certain degree. My missus hated the fact that i refused point blank to do anything if we are at home. Now i have missed one ( the stafford game) im guessing i may well be able to to it again. But it does feel like cheating on a partner if im not there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here