Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attendance and League Positions

Feb 14, 2010
The bottom three have the lowest gates. That is why attendances are important for those on NSC who strangely ask "why are attendances important"? Also shows just how superb Burnley have been, punching way above their weight and how shit Leeds have been who have punched below their weight.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Can Derby slip into third or second with a capacity crowd tomorrow. I suspect they can.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If BHAFC reported actual attendance (as opposed to tickets sold as they do now) we would probably be closer to 5th / 6th..

And if the other teams also reported their actual attendance we would probably be closer to 1st?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Whilst it's great that we get,which ever way the attendance is reported 27,000,is very good,the real significance of this thread is the fact that year on year in the main the only clubs effected directly by attendances are those that finish near the bottom of the division.

It would seem that at Championship level,clubs that average 5-10,000 are going to struggle.

Feb 14, 2010
Whilst it's great that we get,which ever way the attendance is reported 27,000,is very good,the real significance of this thread is the fact that year on year in the main the only clubs effected directly by attendances are those that finish near the bottom of the division.

It would seem that at Championship level,clubs that average 5-10,000 are going to struggle.

Its nice to see the penny finally dropping on NSC on the importance of attendances.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Its nice to see the penny finally dropping on NSC on the importance of attendances.

Hey i'm with you,maybe not on the advantages of 2 strikers,but i do enjoy your posts.....what do we get again? 27,000 just wait till this club gets to the Prem.....in the current climate i'd say with 5,000 away fans the ground would need to hold 45,000..

Feb 14, 2010
Hey i'm with you,maybe not on the advantages of 2 strikers,but i do enjoy your posts.....what do we get again? 27,000 just wait till this club gets to the Prem.....in the current climate i'd say with 5,000 away fans the ground would need to hold 45,000..

Cheers. Im not against two strikers and agree CMS looked good with Ulloa but someone has to make way, probably a winger. As for the ground well there is a simple choice if the Albion ever go up, increase supply by increasing attendances or the prices will rise because demand will at Brighton increase by a third to a half in the top flight as it does at every club. The Albion get 28000 for Yeovil and when Arsenal roll into town then that would increase by a half or double. The problem however is transport. Its simply not good enough. I read it took someone in Lancing 4 hours to get home from the game against Derby. 4 hours.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
Oooh- GCSE statistics. The Spearman's value is 0.52.

This suggests there is a positive link between attendance and league position, but not a very strong one. I suppose that is to be expected.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
It's interesting seeing how your away figures are dropping.
From a peak of 1609 in 2011/12, to 1367 in 2012/13, to 1200 this season.
You actual took more away (1396) in your last season at the Withdean.
Like all clubs we have a success following as well as a hard core of support in the year regarding Withdene we were top of the league from September through to May easily winning the first division so you really cannot correlate that against the three years we have been at the Amex as although successful to a degree nowhere near as successful as the year you have used as a comparison.

Feb 14, 2010
Has anyone noticed the bottom three are the worst supported clubs and the top six the best supported clubs with Burnley / Leeds the exceptions? With that observation then was todays performance acceptable for the best supported club in the division? An interesting observation. In my view we are too easy on our players and we give them an easy ride.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Of course attendances matter to a teams success but the sides who manage their parachute payments well after coming down are even better off if the rumours about Burnleys investment is correct.

Feb 14, 2010
Of course attendances matter to a teams success but the sides who manage their parachute payments well after coming down are even better off if the rumours about Burnleys investment is correct.

Do you think we are too easy on our players? I do. That performance deserves nothing but contempt from us.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Do you think we are too easy on our players? I do. That performance deserves nothing but contempt from us.

We'll I'm gutted at the moment and cannot think of anyone who comes out of that with any credit and that includes Garcia. I don't suppose he was ever going to change his philosophy of this season and attack but that was a scared team out here.
So yes they get stick this time. I can't harp on about our rise from Withdean at the moment as I'm too pissed off.
Anyway I'm off for strong liquor now. They've made me do it.

Feb 14, 2010
I'm pretty sure our Home to Away ratio is pretty poor. Plastics?

Yeah 28000 plastics turn up to watch Yeovil in the Championship! Ever thought that Brighton average 1200 away from home because they have one or two games within 50 miles and Midlands / northern clubs like Sehf W or Derby around 2000 because they have about 15 games within 50 miles? We are far far too easy on our players at Brighton. I hope that changes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here