Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere tonight?

Feb 14, 2010
Well probably a bit more old school than at palace with their drums and kiddy ultras. I expect also more than double at the game than palace would ever have got in the Championship for Bristol City at home and probably more than some of their "premier league crowds" as well, because we all know they have doubled their crowds since being "premier league". Don't tell the BBC however as it would ruin their patronising "lets be nice to little old palace" mantra.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Their shocking timewasting from minute 18 wound us up so there was some quite passionate vitriol in the first half. But there was also some low level booing of our performance at half time which I wasn't tremendously keen on. BC supporters had the upper hand for 55 mins, then it got better and better for us, the only mild negative being the vast hoard of early leavers who don't wait to the final whistle to applaud the players post match, sorry, a bugbear of mine.

Booing was aimed at the ref as it only started as he was walking the final few yards off the pitch towards the tunnel and stopped as he disappeared out of sight.

The players were being clapped off at the end of the 1st half (which started again as soon as the ref disappeared)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Thought the North was louder than i can remember ever hearing it at the Amex on occasions.

Normally you can't really hear them from the South end of the WSU, but today they were noisy at times and sounded as loud as the more vocal away teams have sounded from where i sit.

A fair bit of noise too from the other stands at times too. One of the better games for atmosphere.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
I was in a different part of the stadium tonight and I really couldn't believe just how loud GOSBTS was. And then when Bobby scored - WOW

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
As ever, flat until we started winning.

When we were 1-0 down all you could hear was tutting, moaning and "**** saking". No wonder Stockdale was trying to gee the NS up!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Their shocking timewasting from minute 18 wound us up so there was some quite passionate vitriol in the first half. But there was also some low level booing of our performance at half time which I wasn't tremendously keen on. BC supporters had the upper hand for 55 mins, then it got better and better for us, the only mild negative being the vast hoard of early leavers who don't wait to the final whistle to applaud the players post match, sorry, a bugbear of mine.

No No........I booed as did a lot around me, it was 100% for the ref. Thought overall it was quite good for a midweeker, started quite noisy, bit subdued for a while after they scored but we started the second half well and things perked up markedly, moving to fantastic when Bobby scored.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No No........I booed as did a lot around me, it was 100% for the ref. Thought overall it was quite good for a midweeker, started quite noisy, bit subdued for a while after they scored but we started the second half well and things perked up markedly, moving to fantastic when Bobby scored.

Midweek is always a struggle. You only have to read the trains thread to realise a midweek fixture is just not as relaxed, free flowing or stress free as a Saturday. Saturdays appear to give everyone the chance of some lunchtime sherbets to get the vocals going a bit, arrival at the ground is over a much longer period. Midweek it's a dash from work, a dash to get home.

That said for going behind in a game we (rightly or wrongly) expected to win, thought the atmosphere was okay, and got really going when the team came out all guns blazing at the start of the second half.

Perhaps the OP might like to pop along for a game ..the team seem to be doing a tad better than last season...but then he was off watching Bradford from what i recall... :whistle:

Hope to get to my first game soon but all the time the run goes on i wouldn't like to jinx them:facepalm: Watching county footie most weeks tbh:blush: Evening games are good for me apart from the transport issues???

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
How was it tonight?:moo:

It does make you sound a little needy, racing onto NSC to ask what the atmosphere was like a few minutes after the final whistle.

But for the benefit of you and DR, being in the North Stand at 82 minutes last night was not good at all. Someone bumped into me and I dropped my prawn sandwich :p

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Hope to get to my first game soon but all the time the run goes on i wouldn't like to jinx them:facepalm: Watching county footie most weeks tbh:blush: Evening games are good for me apart from the transport issues???
Do you really not go or is this a joke im missing ?

Last edited:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Surely any booing at half time was directed at the ref for his total lack of control in the first half and his unwillingness to do anything about Bristol City's time wasting.

Yes, I am sure it was aimed at the referee. I did think it strange that only 3 (or was it 2?) minutes extra time was added -it should have been far more than that at the end of the first half, and would have made BC think about the consequences of their rather unsporting behaviour. With only three or two minutes, it seemed as if their tactics had been rewarded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here