Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere last night

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Must admit I haven't heard much from Simon Jordan before, but I found myself agreeing with much of what he said.
I absolutely hated the bloke when Palace chairman and thought he was a prize toss*r, over time he's changed my opinion and whilst very opinionated and direct, I often find myself agreeing with him and have come to respect him more over time..... he is often very fair and complimentary about our success.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Did the club give out free jagerbombs at half time on Thursday? Thought it was a bit flat as usual in the first half, United were very loud at times. Second half it was rocking from pretty much the word go and it carried on the entire half. Behind Chelsea that was the best atmosphere at the Amex this season IMO.

theboybilly

One of my things is not to read nsc gloomy threads about injuries or worrying about the next game just after yet another win. I bask in the glory of the last, until an hour before the next game!

Definitely. I watched incredible Albion times 1976 to 1979 as a kid, we didn’t lose a home game for years, two promotions. This tops it by a country mile.
Especially after the events after such a promising start to the sea. I'm finding myself having to pinch myself. Going to Chelsea and silencing their crowd all game - wow! But the performance at Tottenham ( despite the outcome) ... wow plus!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Especially after the events after such a promising start to the sea. I'm finding myself having to pinch myself. Going to Chelsea and silencing their crowd all game - wow! But the performance at Tottenham ( despite the outcome) ... wow plus!!

Deserved doubles over ManUre and Chavski, beating Liverpool twice, outclassing Spurs away, etc, etc.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Did the club give out free jagerbombs at half time on Thursday? Thought it was a bit flat as usual in the first half, United were very loud at times. Second half it was rocking from pretty much the word go and it carried on the entire half. Behind Chelsea that was the best atmosphere at the Amex this season IMO.
Nerves in the first half I think, and united had a good few early chances. But yes everyone seemed to come out pretty well oiled for the second half.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I absolutely hated the bloke when Palace chairman and thought he was a prize toss*r, over time he's changed my opinion

Maybe it's your opinion that's changed, but maybe it's actually Simon who has changed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In the first half I felt our passing through their press wasn't working, and our best chances came when they lost the ball. In the second half I thought we were easily the better side and that United spent most of the time sat behind the ball hoping we wouldn't score, so maybe that lead to a better atmosphere as we pushed for a winner?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As soon as it’s not ‘top notch’ people say it’s poor. It’s not, it’s always decent enough. It’s amazing how many pundits, players, managers etc who go to hundred of different games usually say how good the atmo is at the Amex yet there’s still a handful of NSC posters (prob sitting there in silence) who slag it off bizarrely 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Completely agree. I quite like TS generally but can’t listen when he’s on. Terrible presenter and needs to be put out to grass - talks over others, asks then answers his own questions, usually poorly researched and overall treats the programme like a sad mens club, trotting out the same old ‘banter’ day after day and laughing at his own (crap) jokes. Interestingly McCoist goes along with it when he’s on with him, but is different when he’s on with Woods who is a much more professional presenter ((not difficult).
Cundy and O’Hara give him a run for his money in the crap stakes…..Goldstein comes across as a right tit at times..Bent could do the show on his own.
White n Jordan show stands out from the rest ….quite like Murphy

Durham is knowledgeable and much better doing the grounds than in his former afternoon slot

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Cundy and O’Hara give him a run for his money in the crap stakes…..Goldstein comes across as a right tit at times..Bent could do the show on his own.

Durham is knowledgeable and much better doing the grounds than in his former afternoon slot
Goldstein is an unbearable tit. He’s only interested in the ‘big’ clubs, his knowledge outside of those teams is non existent, he’s a terrible loser and an even worse winner.
Bent has really surprised me, he’s very knowledgeable on most levels of the game and can afford praise to anyone or any team that deserves it.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
I swear they only had one chant the United fans. Something about, winning it all, doing it all blah blah blah. They’re becoming the new Liverpool now, they keep banging on about their history. They probably won’t last as long as Liverpool and will win another league title in less than 30 years. It’s been 10 years since Ferguson left now and they haven’t been close to winning a league title. Yeah United are still a massive club and far bigger than us we get it, but they should show a bit of humility.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Personally I enjoy the Goldstein/Bent double act, Bent the ‘hapless’ foil. You can’t take it too seriously, although I did switch off during the ridiculous Sam Allardyce is a better manager than segment yesterday. I prefer them to previous Drive pairing Durham/Gough.
As mentioned, I can’t stand the morning Scottish duo, McCoist and Brazil, nor Laura Woods trying to be all laddish “We all got so pissed last night” bollocks. “I bet you had a few bevvies, Alan” It’s like being back in the 1990s with mags like Loaded, Nuts and Zoo.
:lolol:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Rocking atmosphere last night. Stuart Pierce was at the game for TS said it was the best game he's seen this season and we deserved to win. Went on to say the place was absolutely rocking, White agreed and said we have fantastic support. Jordan as per was very complimentary too.

No threads about shite atmosphere proves it.

that was challenging wank to be fair.......but i got there with help...:lolol:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Completely agree. I quite like TS generally but can’t listen when he’s on. Terrible presenter and needs to be put out to grass - talks over others, asks then answers his own questions, usually poorly researched and overall treats the programme like a sad mens club, trotting out the same old ‘banter’ day after day and laughing at his own (crap) jokes. Interestingly McCoist goes along with it when he’s on with him, but is different when he’s on with Woods who is a much more professional presenter ((not difficult).
Parlour is just as dull and uninformed... those two are just the worst type of self appointed social elites, living off corporate hospitality and past glories.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Oh that Chelsea atmosphere was on another level,... I still smile when recalling the Cucurela Bruno and Potter sucking lemons facial expressions.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Really like Benty……honest and straight talking

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here