Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere at the Amex

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It isn't that. From the NW you have literally no idea what the rest of the north is doing. Nothing will change until all of our singers congregate somewhere that is conducive to a good atmosphere, because the north simply isn't.

This appears to be the problem different songs, by different fans groups at the same time resulting in neither song really being taken on.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Very poor atmosphere.

You can hardly here the north in the east upper unless everyone sings together and even then it is not impressive.

The north was pretty good first couple of season at the Amex but has gone down hill badly.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I have now sat in many areas, on different games, Saturday/evening, with friends or alone.

The base line is that the 'ends' will always lead the singing. Away fans will always have more camaraderie than home fans, and therefore link up and join the same songs, they are there to SUPPORT their club, they are of an ilk, beer, support and singing.

Home fans are a disparate group of people drawn together under one banner, the Albion. Pre match they may have been at work, shopping in Tescos, kids swimming lesson or in the pub getting bladdered. Added to a ground which has possibly the smallest home END for its size in the FL and you have a mix which wants to sing different songs at different times and it all goes Pete Tong. Was in the North against Bolton, great fun, in the South against Charlton, bored shitless. Need to double the size of the north, end.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I though the pre match atmosphere was much better than it normally is, unfortunately Charlton taking the lead and then apart from Tex's very quick response which was well saved we really didn't threaten that much in the first half, even though we had the lion's share of the game. If we had been peppering their goal rather than having just the one shot on target in the first half ( I think?) the atmosphere would have been much better than it was.

I was not bored at any stage in that game, not sure that I enjoyed it apart from our goals though. Pretty impressive performance though given how the team hardly know each other. I think we are going to have a fun season with lots of goals scored and conceded.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Didn't hear the west upper at all from the north

That's really strange as there were some songs (in the second half) started by the Upper West that the North joined in. Guess you just didn't realise it.

Seriously.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Atmosphere was great and it probably helps that we play exciting football compared to that dross from last season.

I genuinely think this is the start of a purple patch for the Albion

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yeah I thought it was awful in the WSU, it was like a library IMO. Like I said in another thread, it was one of the worst games atmosphere wise in the 3 years of the Amex! Granted from around 60mins on it was better at times when we were urging the team forward.

Really? Don't know where you sit but I am in G and the guys to our right were really getting things going in the second half (not so much the guys to our left) If you think that it was ONE OF THE WORST atmosphere in 3 years you won't mind if I say your IMO counts for diddly squat

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
You would like to think there is a way. It seems a competition almost at times and different songs are sung. If N1A-N1G was all in sync singing the same song the atmosphere would improve around the whole stadium. The North is generally singing a fair bit if the time but different songs so sounds fragmented

Four blokes with megaphones down at the front of the North Stand leading the singing, like at st Pauli.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Sit in the north west corner. Thought atmosphere was great today helped by the PA cutting out which meant we had to sing GOSBTS.
We might have stumbled on something by chance.
Let the tannoy start the music and we finish it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought it was average, same as it always is, and pretty pitiful for the size of the home support. Can't see it ever changing into a Cauldron Of Noise. It is what it is :shrug:

The bigger / newer the stadium often means it more difficult to get a good atmo going. From what I've seen at various away grounds the Amex is right up there in the top 6 or so for atmosphere - don't get why your post is so negative tbh

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well I'm in North Stand to the left of the goal (N1G) and it was no louder or quieter than it ever is. Which is pretty quiet. Tho not as quiet as the whole of the WSU. Even being generous and putting it down to acoustics, that is not a noisy stadium by any stretch of the imagination, and is never going to be.

Ah you're in the bit if the north that's mysteriously gone quiet since start of last season. You really need to up your game (rather than complaining on here) :thumbsup:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Watching Premiership matches so far I have thought the atmosphere at a lot of the games has been crap including Chelsea and Liverpool. Recent game at Anfield you could here the players shouting.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
WSU was far nosier today than usual (from WSL). North was about normal, would be much better if both halves could agree on a song. WSL was pretty silent as usual and the whole East stand must have taken a vow of silence. Charlton weren't great considering their numbers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here