Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere at games lacking...interesting article discussing the reasons behind it

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...gs-at-the-aviva-premiership-side-8942079.html

The way to go? There's usually a spare in front of me if Simona would like a seat . . . .

Saracens have established a reputation for being slightly different to the other 11 clubs in the Aviva Premiership, having delivered pizzas to fans at half-time, given them the chance to win £1m by catching three rugby balls and playing on a plastic pitch at their home the Allianz Stadium.

A number of years ago, they also became the first English club to introduce a squad of cheerleaders – the Saracens Sensations (pictured above) – following in the footsteps of those clubs in the Southern Hemisphere’s Super XV and the NFL.

However, the latest move takes things a step further with a a team of 'supermodels' employed to mix it among fans for the game against Llanelli Scarlets this weekend.

It's part of their 'student day' promotion. And it appears they know their market. As well as the models (which includes four girls and one boy), there will be pints of Carlsberg for £1.50 and there is even the chance for one lucky punter to have their university maintenance loan paid off in full.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Atmosphere at games lacking...interesting article discussing the reasons behi...

The players have to take responsibility for their own performance rather than look to the stands.

What do they expect? A carnival atmosphere before and during every game? A nervy, tense atmosphere befits a nervy, tense match. Anything else is inauthentic.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You can sing, shout and clap sitting down. No, you really can.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Indeed. Two chums of mine went to see Liverpool v West Brom. Long story but they were sat in the kop amongst a load of (silent) tourists.

When we played them in the cup recently i was staggered by the amount of foreign tourists there. I know there money is as good as anyone elses AND the global brand of LFC, Arsenal etc but it really is squeezing out the "local" support. Shame.

I noticed some of the tourists at the Liverpool v BHA FA Cup game filming/taking pictures of the match on I Pads, looked very odd at a football match.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I have not seen any yet but I am not surprised, not the sort of thing I would cart along to a football match.

Might have been an ipad mini. He's a serious fan, too. Decked out in albion merchandise, stands up to hate palace, sings to let people know he's a west stand brighton boy, so it's not like he's just a tourist capturing a special day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
more apologies for sanitised football, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
regards
DR
It definitely isn't an apology.
It's an explanation as to why the big boys will welcome tourists over fans.

You can't just crowbar your agenda into any old post and expect it to make sense.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Might have been an ipad mini. He's a serious fan, too. Decked out in albion merchandise, stands up to hate palace, sings to let people know he's a west stand brighton boy, so it's not like he's just a tourist capturing a special day.

Ah yes I know the type you mean.:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here