Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Athletics doping scandal - 2PM KO

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As I said though, allowing 'banned substances' would make those taking part in sports far less likely to be lionised.
It wouldn't. There would still be someone who was the best and if you want to be like them, you should get drugged up to the eyeballs like them.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I'm slightly surprised you're surprised. It's what all people like that do when caught, they just deny. Like Sepp Tw@, and Lance Armstrong. Just deny it.

That's unfair. Their leaders aren't even democratically elected, so it's a bit harsh to judge the people on the actions of the dictators.

I've been to Russia 3 times and I can confidentally stand by my comments. Worst people of any country i've ever been to by a long distance.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've been to Russia 3 times and I can confidentally stand by my comments. Worst people of any country i've ever been to by a long distance.
I'm not sure how well you've got to know the Russians on your 3 visits, but not everyone is the same. I live with a Russian and don't think it applies to her.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'm not sure how well you've got to know the Russians on your 3 visits, but not everyone is the same. I live with a Russian and don't think it applies to her.

You seem to be forgetting the NSC factors at play here.

[ ] Bollocks/Idiot/Doomed

[ ] Wonderful/Genius/Champions

No other opinions are allowed on this forum. Don't you know that by now?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You seem to be forgetting the NSC factors at play here.

[ ] Bollocks/Idiot/Doomed

[ ] Wonderful/Genius/Champions

No other opinions are allowed on this forum. Don't you know that by now?
I'm tired, I wasn't thinking.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Stand down everyone, I've just read the full story in The Times and there has been a complete rebuttal of the allegations by the Russian minister of sport, " it does not contain any new facts or conclusions ". So there we are, all a misunderstanding. :))

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
And now the Russians are claiming the UK is somehow responsible and has a worse anti doping system than them! Their arrogance and ignorance is on a different level almost up there with North Korea. They are claiming that the anti doping system at the 2012 Olympics didn't pick up any Russian doping cheats. I'm fairly certain that the many Russian athletes doping to get themselves in peak condition prior to the Olympics were suitably advised about the timescales to cleanse their systems and test clean when the time came at 2012. Do the Russians really think we are as ignorant and stupid as they are?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The IAAF would appear to be taking another kicking from WADA.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Richard Conway
BBC Radio 5 live sports news correspondent
Posted at 14:49

This is only scratching the surface when it comes to the extent of athletes being extorted to cover up doping tests. There is also an issue over selecting cities to hosts world championships.

We knew about the blackmail and extortion, we knew about state-sponsored doping but also was there corruption involved in the selection of hosts cities?

The IAAF has a huge task on their hands to show they are in control and moving in the right direction.

The US city of Eugene was given the 2021 World Athletics Championships without a bidding process.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Richard Conway
BBC Radio 5 live sports news correspondent
Posted at 14:49

This is only scratching the surface when it comes to the extent of athletes being extorted to cover up doping tests. There is also an issue over selecting cities to hosts world championships.

We knew about the blackmail and extortion, we knew about state-sponsored doping but also was there corruption involved in the selection of hosts cities?

The IAAF has a huge task on their hands to show they are in control and moving in the right direction.

The US city of Eugene was given the 2021 World Athletics Championships without a bidding process.

Coincidentally
the hometown of Nike...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The report does not miss its targets...

"The corruption that occurred within the IAAF was not at the level of some foreign currency trader in a bank carrying out unauthorised transactions, without the knowledge or permission of the responsible bank officers.

"Here it started with the president of the organisation. It involved the treasurer of the organisation. It involved the personal counsel of the president, acting on instructions of the president. It involved two of the sons of the president, It involved the director of the medical and anti-doping department of the IAAF.

"The corruption was embedded in the organisation. It cannot be ignored or dismissed as attributable to the odd renegade acting on his own.

"The IAAF allowed the conduct to occur and must accept its responsibility. Continued denial will simply make it more difficult to make genuine progress."

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
.....and still have Mr Mo "missed a couple of drug tests" Farah at their Nike Oregon Project wearing their gear, which takes us back to Alberto Salazar. However, Mo and Alberto, are both innocent because Mr Nike Seb Coe told us. It's the Russians we have to watch.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All I want to know is:-

where were the athletes hiding their bicycles?

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
Personally delighted to see Lamine Diack being publically "discussed". Having spent a day working with IAAF Fed Reps and Diack at IAAF HQ in Monaco, I found him arrogant and manipulative with the Fed Reps poodle like in his presence. He refused to speak English (when he can & all present knew he does) and bought an interpreter in the day long meeting to delay, undermine and control. He clearly believed that keeping it in the family was a way maximising "opportunities". Report hammers him. Excellent day for increasing exposure of what was going on in IAAF offices

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here