Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Athens Pubs / Bars

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
James Joyce was rammed with Albion fans and a great atmosphere.And a guest appearance from Big Philly
Didn’t enjoy it much to be honest, struggled to get to the bar (although I didn’t try that hard) so many other great bars nearby inc one with a rooftop terrace with views of the Parthenon

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I don’t think West Ham have ever played AEK.

They did play Olympiacos recently but not sure that means anything.
Well, it probably does mean the police would want similar arrangements. Their meeting point was the same so I suppose he was drawing conclusions from that. Incidentally, seems like where the buses go from is very much worth a look.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Is there a valid reason why they insist on this in European football?
Over zealous and outdated view of English football fans possibly. Probably not entirely inaccurate for some clubs but seems like overkill for our fan base. That said, we do the same for visiting fans so maybe it’s mainly for the sake of simplicity .

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Didn’t enjoy it much to be honest, struggled to get to the bar (although I didn’t try that hard) so many other great bars nearby inc one with a rooftop terrace with views of the Parthenon
Agree totally. We had a great meal in a restaurant yesterday with an amazing view of the floodlit Parthenon. But I can guarantee they won’t be showing any football on TV — which was the original question. I’m still here on Sunday and will head for either the James Joyce or the Sports Bar probably to catch the Chelsea match. Not the sort of places I’d normally go for a casual drink to soak up the atmosphere of a Mediterranean city.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
By the way we are actually in the... erm...
20231130_000157.jpg

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Mavros blues bar last night until about 2am, it was still busy when we left. Few Brighton fans around sticking out like a sore thumb in shorts and t-shirts, failing miserably to chat up the bar maids.

This was the end of the Stansted-athens flight last night. Need sound to get a sense of what that flight was like. 🥴

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Mavros blues bar last night until about 2am, it was still busy when we left. Few Brighton fans around sticking out like a sore thumb in shorts and t-shirts, failing miserably to chat up the bar maids.

This was the end of the Stansted-athens flight last night. Need sound to get a sense of what that flight was like. 🥴

View attachment 170437
Thank you Stephen Spielberg :smile:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

View attachment 170437

And this years Oscar for best movie sound track goes to …..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here