[Albion] At what point should Dan Ashworth be Sacked?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
He hasn't had an abysmal record by any yardstick. Long runs of winless games is pretty normal in the EPL for a bottom 10 club which we still are. Anyway so far he's been with us for one season and so far 8 games of another where currently we are 16th and our only defeats have been to Everton, Man Utd,, Spurs and Chelsea.
In his first season he secured for us our highest ever points total in the Premier League and our 2nd best season er, ever.

You can look at it like you have, or you could say that we have won 2 games at home since the turn of the year, we were plunging into the bottom 3 last season until lock down saved us and teams below were so poor that 2 wins were enough to keep us up. You could say we have failed to beat West Brom and Burnley at home both of which are incredibly poor sides. Give it a couple more weeks of games and we will be in the bottom 3 the way it is going. Potter's win record is awful, no matter what division we are in. We have played 8 games and amassed one win this season!! No positive spin to be placed on that!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You can look at it like you have, or you could say that we have won 2 games at home since the turn of the year, we were plunging into the bottom 3 last season until lock down saved us and teams below were so poor that 2 wins were enough to keep us up. You could say we have failed to beat West Brom and Burnley at home both of which are incredibly poor sides. Give it a couple more weeks of games and we will be in the bottom 3 the way it is going. Potter's win record is awful, no matter what division we are in. We have played 8 games and amassed one win this season!! No positive spin to be placed on that!!

One thing is for sure, if we manage to secure a couple of wins in the next couple of weeks, you'll be nowhere to be seen.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
One thing is for sure, if we manage to secure a couple of wins in the next couple of weeks, you'll be nowhere to be seen.

Yes I will, I really hope that we pick up a couple of wins and will happily be proved wrong. Not sure why everyone gets upset that some of other opinions. Sorry we don't all see what you see!!! As I said before, I guess we will see as the season plays out what happens!

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
I think maybe my point of my thread has been missed i started it as in my opnion the "At what point should potter be sacked" Thread from yesterday seemed to be unfair on Graham as he is playing the style of football Dan Ashworth wanted him to play in.

Graham has not been provided with a proven premier league goal scorer like Ings or Wilson

Ashworth as some people have stated is one of the main reason Lamptey,Lallana Wellback and co have joined us and I'm sure thats true but its obvious we are lacking a clinical striker to put away our chances.

Its all very well and good Dan laying down the building blocks for the future and its a sensible thing to do but we need to be putting away chances now.

Tony Bloom And Paul Barber Gave Dan the requirements the new Boss needed and he came back with Graham so surely if he's not coming up with results that must reflect on him slightly rather then 100% on Potters Shoulders.

I have no proof that Dan has a say in team selection But when he was with England Garath Southgate said "he would take on board the opinions of of Steve Holland And Dan Ashworth."

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes I will, I really hope that we pick up a couple of wins and will happily be proved wrong. Not sure why everyone gets upset that some of other opinions. Sorry we don't all see what you see!!! As I said before, I guess we will see as the season plays out what happens!

I'm not upset at your opinion, but you seem more interested in being proved right than the team doing well.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
God this is simply pathetic, it's not all negatives around the club. The best football we have every played with a fantastic crop of youngsters coming through the ranks creating competition for places in the first team.
We lack a goal scorer, we all know that, hopefully Welbeck is the answer, we really aren't far off being a good team, not great but good in one of the top divisions in the world.
Just enjoy the ride.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
God this is simply pathetic, it's not all negatives around the club. The best football we have every played with a fantastic crop of youngsters coming through the ranks creating competition for places in the first team.
We lack a goal scorer, we all know that, hopefully Welbeck is the answer, we really aren't far off being a good team, not great but good in one of the top divisions in the world.
Just enjoy the ride.

Top post. :albion2:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
There seems to be a lot of ill feeling towards Potter a the moment but I really think people should look at the bigger picture

Dan Ashworth is the one pulling the strings on what style of football we play and was very positive on having Potter as Head Coach to play the style he wanted.

I also get the feeling the team selection has a big input from Dan aswell.

Yes Graham has made a few errors but I really think we should not forget Dan is allowing this to happen on his guidance.

You've rightly been given a tonne of stick for this thread. The reason is that you've been labouring under a misapprehension, above. That isn't Ashworth's role at all

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just enjoy the ride.

62e57d5e6f7e6d1beabf3bc072a76ff8.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports