Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] At what age did you hear your first rude word?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The first one I can really remember was at the Goldstone funnily enough. It is also one of my first and most vivid memories of going to football.

I’d have been about 6/7 and we were playing at home to Port Vale. Johnny Crumplin Football Genius was just within our half and trying to clear the ball forward but ending up shanking it high and out of touch way back in to the stand. He then let out a massive “F*****g hell” which I thought was hilarious.

I remember looking up at my Dad and him looking back at me with a knowing look that said get used to this but explaining that Crumplin was just annoyed but shouldn’t have said it.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
At 8, I remember calling my elder brother a ******* when he he was tickling me to death. So I heard that before then.

My friends little girl at 3 was caught saying ****it to herself at a family occasion when she was playing by herself. It didn't go down to well at the time and parenting skills were put into question. :lolol:

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Can't remember when I heard my first swear word, but I can always remember the first time I used the F word in front of my parents. I was 13

That was when Smith didn't score in the Cup Final. I can still hear my Dad saying to me, son, there's a time and a place for that kind of language and that was it, but don't do it again please.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Almost certainly at The Goldstone.

I remember being at home innocently singing "Alan Ball is a w@nker" at the top of my voice and being told off by my older brother. We did live in a vicarage and he was probably concerned about future access to watching the Albion...

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Can't remember hearing my 1st but I was really shocked when, as a mouthy teen, I took a Sunday job at the tripe factory and heard adults using words I thought only us teens used.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Can't remember hearing my 1st but I was really shocked when, as a mouthy teen, I took a Sunday job at the tripe factory and heard adults using words I thought only us teens used.

That’s very true.

I used to think that it was just the older kids in my group that used these words and wondered what words kids in other countries used. I thought I was really streetwise at age 11 and was in for a massive shock when going to secondary school.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Possibly due to my leafy Surrey upbringing I don't recall hearing any proper swear words until I was in secondary school... however a lot of words that are now considered offensive were quite freely in use from the infants upwards!

:lol:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Oh, and what used to confuse (and amuse as I grew older) me was seeing the various versions of the w***** sign in the North Stand at the Goldstone. Some straight armed with hand twisting left and right with all fingers and thumb sticking out straight made me wonder if I had got the word confused with something else, or if I was doing it wrong! Not the sort of thing you can ask your mates or your parents.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Oh, and what used to confuse (and amuse as I grew older) me was seeing the various versions of the w***** sign in the North Stand at the Goldstone. Some straight armed with hand twisting left and right with all fingers and thumb sticking out straight made me wonder if I had got the word confused with something else, or if I was doing it wrong! Not the sort of thing you can ask your mates or your parents.

There were a few Gareth Hunts around at that time :D

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The midwife slapping me and telling my mum: "You've got a son that has a face that is just begging to be f*cking slapped". :down:

I hope the cruel cow was fired.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I was on holiday in Devon and was about eight, Dad a big cricket fan was listening to TMS on the car radio, Tony Greig was out and shouted "Greig you c#@t".

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was on holiday in Devon and was about eight, Dad a big cricket fan was listening to TMS on the car radio, Tony Greig was out and shouted "Greig you c#@t".

A friend of mine appealed a sending off claiming that he shouted to the referee “You can’t”. He didn’t get off

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Always had swearing in the house so was used it it from an early age but knew it was an adult thing. Used to live in Cambridge and we called people 'Farmers' - brilliant as you can put some real venom into it and it was also a double blow to the kids of actual farmers. Great insult although didn't work when I moved down here and people just thought I was weird.

Said first swear word to my mum at 10 when I was stabbed in the arse with a compass at school. Went home and she insisted on seeing and when I saw it had drawn blood I instinctively exclaimed "*******". She thought it was more funny than shocking so I didn't get into trouble but still had to be careful.

My love of early rap was an education, Eazy-E was a potty mouth as were NWA etc. I still have to be careful playing my songs in the car to my 5 year old in case a Cypress Hill track randomly comes on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My middle brother, aged about six at the time (I was 8), called me a c*** when we were having a day at Shoreham Beach. He got a whack across the back of the legs from the old man for that.

He was right, though :lolol:

In answer to [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]'s question, I can remember getting told off at school aged 7 when I told someone to 'fack off' (actual pronunciation shown) so I guess it was around then.

I'll finish with a joke I was told, aged five. Still one of my absolute favourites.

A lady had three dogs, called 'Bum', 'Tits' and 'Willy'. One day they ran away.
She found a policeman and asked "Have you seen my bum, tits and willy?"
The policeman said "No, but I'd like to"

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Always had swearing in the house so was used it it from an early age but knew it was an adult thing. Used to live in Cambridge and we called people 'Farmers' - brilliant as you can put some real venom into it and it was also a double blow to the kids of actual farmers. Great insult although didn't work when I moved down here and people just thought I was weird.

Said first swear word to my mum at 10 when I was stabbed in the arse with a compass at school. Went home and she insisted on seeing and when I saw it had drawn blood I instinctively exclaimed "*******". She thought it was more funny than shocking so I didn't get into trouble but still had to be careful.

My love of early rap was an education, Eazy-E was a potty mouth as were NWA etc. I still have to be careful playing my songs in the car to my 5 year old in case a Cypress Hill track randomly comes on.

that word was ******* not **** - I wasnt that rude

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
My middle brother, aged about six at the time (I was 8), called me a c*** when we were having a day at Shoreham Beach. He got a whack across the back of the legs from the old man for that.

He was right, though :lolol:

In answer to [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]'s question, I can remember getting told off at school aged 7 when I told someone to 'fack off' (actual pronunciation shown) so I guess it was around then.

I'll finish with a joke I was told, aged five. Still one of my absolute favourites.

A lady had three dogs, called 'Bum', 'Tits' and 'Willy'. One day they ran away.
She found a policeman and asked "Have you seen my bum, tits and willy?"
The policeman said "No, but I'd like to"

surely bums, tits and fanny?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here