Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At time when the country is tightening its belts....

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
.... And the tax activities of countless businesses and individuals is under scrutiny..,.

Man Utd register themselves as a Cayman entity. Classy. I wonder if the media will kick up as much of a shit storm as they have with Vodafone etc?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
So Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, Chris Smalling and Danny Welbeck are the only English aspect of that club now?

Shit, nearly forgot Michael 'Game changer' Carrick.

D

Deleted member 22389

People need their heads testing, if they think they are going to make any money buying shares in Man Utd. I would like to be proved wrong.
I presume Man Utd can now go and buy more players with money they don't really have?

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
or is it to do a jimmy carr? Pay less tax???

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Talking of Man Utd, does anyone else get annoyed by the new DHL advert where they cream themselves over Man Utd? I assume they are targeting the the plastic fans market when it comes to parcel delivery, I can't say it's made me want to use them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
or is it to do a jimmy carr? Pay less tax???

That was my first reaction. So if they are employed by a company based in the cayman islands are they subject to British paye?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This sounds more like a move by Man Utd the company to pay less tax. Maybe.

Indeed.

Maybe the Glazers become residents out there as well, then they would be able to take their money out of the club tax free as well.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The tax dodging isn't getting much press. I wonder why?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It would seem that the money raised by this is going towards paying off their debts - which were loaded onto the club when it was bought by those well known footy fanatics the Glazers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here