Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] At the weekend the Chelsea academy had 75% match involvement

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Oh the shame ….grandson now part of their academy…….still he’s only 7 so plenty of time yet (make sure he wears his Brighton shirt) and i’ll wear my Albion baseball cap when i take him 😏
Is he at the Chelsea Foundation that has sites around Sussex (and elsewhere) or at the academy proper in Cobham?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Is he at the Chelsea Foundation that has sites around Sussex (and elsewhere) or at the academy proper in Cobham?
I’ll have to check with his mum ..if the latter I’m taking credit, after all the sessions of knockabout in the back garden ..with me always being in goal 👀

Jul 7, 2003
Oh the shame ….grandson now part of their academy…….still he’s only 7 so plenty of time yet (make sure he wears his Brighton shirt) and i’ll wear my Albion baseball cap when i take him 😏
Disown him and his parents, write them out of your will, etc Seriously though, congrats to him - just make sure he keeps enjoying his football and it doesn't become a chore (sadly seen this with kids pushed to play too much).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Disown him and his parents, write them out of your will, etc Seriously though, congrats to him - just make sure he keeps enjoying his football and it doesn't become a chore (sadly seen this with kids pushed to play too much).
The only bit of advice I’ve given him is to enjoy it

Last edited:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Please be a good grandad and manage his expectations, and keep his feet metaphorically nailed to the floor. Having given digs to youngsters over the years I don't need Bluelizard to calculate the odds of success.

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I can get to 23. Guess the rest are/were youngsters having (generally shortish) loans at the likes of Worthing or Burgess Hill or similar?
We have had 26 full professionals out on loan, plus scholar goalkeeper Tommy Reid played 8 matches for Burgess Hill Town in the autumn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here