Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At the final whistle on the last ever game at Withdean....

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
What will u do if you go to the game?

Obviously there will be a big pitch invasion but i wonder what other 'last game in current ground' antics??

Ripping up the odd temporary shitty chair, and tuft of the withdean pitch, the clock, toilet seat etc.

....or maybe a quick middle finger salute as we walk away from this shitty hell-hole for ever onto our glorious new pad :)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Big pitch invasion obviously, but I don't expect there to be much else. I can't see there being many people wanting mementos either!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That match will be hugely over subscribed. I wonder if they are tempted to prioritise.

What happened after the final game at the Priestfield? I was in the middle of nowhere in South America and don't recall reading anything about it.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Will out last game be Notts County, or a play-off semi-final. I think that might heavily dictate the occassion!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Kiss this thing goodbye - end of an era

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Get out of my seat 5 mins before the final whistle, stand in the corner to watch the last few mins, then leg it as the whistle blows to make sure I'm first in the queue for the park and ride.

Wild.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What will u do if you go to the game?

Obviously there will be a big pitch invasion but i wonder what other 'last game in current ground' antics??

Ripping up the odd temporary shitty chair, and tuft of the withdean pitch, the clock, toilet seat etc.

....or maybe a quick middle finger salute as we walk away from this shitty hell-hole for ever onto our glorious new pad :)
Why on earth would anybody want to smash up Withdean? As you say we're moving to our 'new pad'; as a rule when you move house you don't smash up the one you're leaving, well, not unless you're a particularly anti-social type of crusty squatter.

Even if Withdean is just a grotty rented place it's been our home for over ten years and, unlike the Goldstone, it will still be a sports ground after we've left. Anybody even thinking of damaging it is a **** of the highest order.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why on earth would anybody want to smash up Withdean? As you say we're moving to our 'new pad'; as a rule when you move house you don't smash up the one you're leaving, well, not unless you're a particularly anti-social type of crusty squatter.

Even if Withdean is just a grotty rented place it's been our home for over ten years and, unlike the Goldstone, it will still be a sports ground after we've left. Anybody even thinking of damaging it is a **** of the highest order.

Also whatever damage is done would need to be paid for by the club, stupid suggestion.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think giving it the finger sounds about right.......................................................onwards and upwards!

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Also whatever damage is done would need to be paid for by the club, stupid suggestion.

Er sorry but who the f*** 'suggested' it??

I certainly didnt Mr Hut, merely putting tye question out there ;)

I agree as its not 'ours' we shouldnt damage it. The last game at priestfield was different as wasnt ours, whereas goldstone we totally wrecked and looted as it was to be no more :cry:

I probably wont even be there but was interested to know what peoples plans were. Personally i am so happy we wont ever have to play in that crap embarassment sh!t tip ever again that doing anything negative on the day wont really happen !! :)

I think giving it the finger sounds about right.......................................................onwards and upwards!

Personally I won`t give it the finger. I have quite alot of affection for this ground that brought the Albion back to Brighton and I remember that first game against Mansfield when I was amazed what a great job the club had done converting it. Also we`ve had some great memories there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here