Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Astounding Fact

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I know someone who is big mates with the Slade fellas, he told me that Noddy Holder and Don Powell have eached earned over 8 million in royalties from Merry Christmas everybody, and it only took half an hour to write cos Don had already written the tune in1967

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
The royalties for White Christmas go to the heirs of the composer Irving Berlin, which could be anything up to $100 million. I once heard Gerry Marsden say that he earned more money from Ferry Cross the Mersey being on the B side of Frankie Goes to Hollywood's Relax than from all the Gerry and the Pacemakers stuff together.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I know someone who is big mates with the Slade fellas, he told me that Noddy Holder and Don Powell have eached earned over 8 million in royalties from Merry Christmas everybody, and it only took half an hour to write cos Don had already written the tune in1967

It has been a nice little earner for them over the last 40 years. Roy Wood will also be grateful for "I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day" which was also released in 1973.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Shane McGowern earns £ 200000 every Xmas from Fairytale of New York.

claim to fame 1 - He is in a relationship with my dad's cousin Victoria
claim to fame 2 - My dad headbutted him in Soho and knocked out some of his teeth over him being abusive to said family member
Not a claim to fame - Not seen either of them in over 20 years over this incident. But we are friends on facebook, Yay!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The royalties for White Christmas go to the heirs of the composer Irving Berlin, which could be anything up to $100 million. I once heard Gerry Marsden say that he earned more money from Ferry Cross the Mersey being on the B side of Frankie Goes to Hollywood's Relax than from all the Gerry and the Pacemakers stuff together.

The money is definitely in the writing and producing without a shadow of a doubt. I once saw an interview with Andy Mcluskey of O.M.D fame, he claimed that he's made far more money from creating Scouse girl band Atomic Kitten than he ever did when performing himself.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
McCartney must be minted if this is the case.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He famously lost a lot of his song rights to Michael Jackson.

He also owns the rights to Buddy Holly songs I believe, which will be a nice little earner. I hear as many Holly songs as I do Beatles ones on the radio these days.

I know McCartney tried to buy back the rights to Beatles songs, not sure if he got them though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here