Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aston Villa vs Brighton U21

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The premier league U21 leagues rules state you have to play three games at your 1st teams ground.

Thats my point, the reasoning is that it will enhance those players experience/development by doing so.

If that is genuinely believed why not play each game at the Amex as the reserves used to do at the Goldstone back in the day, there would be added costs for sure but the budgets are extremely high and ring fenced for Cat 1 Academys, so if it is seen a something those young players can gain from then it seems odd that they dont do it for all games.

If as the fixture venues indicate as something really not critical to those young players development then why not play all games at the Academy Training Centres.

It just seems like a bit of a token gesture at the top end of our Academy system, its either beneficial or not.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Worthy of note that Robin Deen is in the squad tonight and will be hoping for his first action of the season (or pre-season). I'm not sure what his injury has been, but he hasn't featured since the end of the last campaign.

Will Collar, Emil Asmundsson and Des Hutchinson have also completely missed out in 2015-16 so far. Plus Jason Davis was/is having an operation today:-

[TWEET]643114908784136192[/TWEET]

Dec 29, 2011
If they put half as much effort into their football training as they do styling their hair, we're going to have a hell of a squad in 5 years.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
#BHAFC team (v AVFCOfficial): Smith, Hunt (C), Starkey, Barclay, Goldson, White, Calderon, Crofts, Akindayini, Kandi, Ward.

#BHAFC subs (v AVFCOfficial): Vose, Deen, Tilley, Barnett, Tighe.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Ben Barclay, Connor Goldson and Ben White are all central defenders. I wonder if Goldson will play in midfield?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is it any indication for tomorrow that Elvis is not in the squad, could he be on the bench tomorrow?

Not after what Hughton said about him.

(I have no idea what Hughton said)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here