Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The red card hurt us, but so did our inability to take chances, and general poor decision making in the final third. Again. Yep, we got 3 v watford - a side struggling a lot still. 3 v Tottenham - two of which goalkeeping errors played a major part in. They are the exceptions. Goal scoring is still a problem for us, let's not ignore that in all this talk of red cards.

I’ve read this a few times and I can’t help but think it’s a lazy comment, Connolly’s first was a result of Gazzaniga parrying a point blank shot, it’s not like he dropped a cross or fumbled a routine shot.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I’ve read this a few times and I can’t help but think it’s a lazy comment, Connolly’s first was a result of Gazzaniga parrying a point blank shot, it’s not like he dropped a cross or fumbled a routine shot.

He parried it right into the danger area instead of away from goal, which is a fundamental when it comes to parrying shots. If he pushes it further left, it gives both him and the defender a chance to get across and block a follow up shot.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There were a load of arrogant posters in the summer who said Villa were nailed on for relegation, that the £120m spending spree was wasted and they laughed at what a rubbish player Mings was. Over and over again.

Based on?

11 points at this stage of the season doesn’t preclude them being relegation candidates, particularly as they could/should have been beaten today and only be on 8 points. Likewise for the 3 points Andone gifted Saints.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He parried it right into the danger area instead of away from goal, which is a fundamental when it comes to parrying shots. If he pushes it further left, it gives both him and the defender a chance to get across and block a follow up shot.

I thought he did well to save it let alone parry it into a direction of choice. The original flick shot must have been just 5 yards away from him.:shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Villa fans I spoke with after game thought they were shit and we were much better team before sending off.
I agree, but presumably their not shit every game?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Villa fans I spoke with after game thought they were shit and we were much better team before sending off.

The ones on the Villa chat site were much more tw@ttish then! Better team, travesty to go 1-0 down, referee giving Brighton every decision, shame they couldn't break down 10 man Brighton sooner, because Brighton weren't threatening anything.
:facepalm:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
To the 2 stupid little boys trying to stamp on and smash seat backs on the way out, Block 9 Row QQ Seats 58 and 59 were the ones damaged by your manly stamping on them....and yes I have it on camera and I will sleep on whether to send it into the club.....Idiots like you are not needed.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The ones on the Villa chat site were much more tw@ttish then! Better team, travesty to go 1-0 down, referee giving Brighton every decision, shame they couldn't break down 10 man Brighton sooner, because Brighton weren't threatening anything.

They weren’t watching the game I was

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
To the 2 stupid little boys trying to stamp on and smash seat backs on the way out, Block 9 Row QQ Seats 58 and 59 were the ones damaged by your manly stamping on them....and yes I have it on camera and I will sleep on whether to send it into the club.....Idiots like you are not needed.

Awaiting PPFs reply to this calling you a grass and telling us all it's bantz etc

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
We’re consistently making teams look crap, no coincidence. We continue to be unlucky, conversely when compared to the first half of last season, this time however when our luck turns it’ll be for the better, and better and better.

I reckon we’re going to finish around 8th.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
We’re consistently making teams look crap, no coincidence. We continue to be unlucky, conversely when compared to the first half of last season, this time however when our luck turns it’ll be for the better, and better and better.

I reckon we’re going to finish around 8th.

Well said [MENTION=494]Kosh[/MENTION] :smokin::flypig:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Well ,that tends to be the nature of folk on chat forums (present company excepted of course)…..NSC tends to be a lot more balanced in my anecdotal reading of other forums but I don't any of us would suggest there isn't the odd **** on here...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well ,that tends to be the nature of folk on chat forums (present company excepted of course)…..NSC tends to be a lot more balanced in my anecdotal reading of other forums but I don't any of us would suggest there isn't the odd **** on here...

True, but I've come across many that are far more balanced and erudite than the Villa one I checked out today.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I completely disagree, he did very well just to make the initial save, let alone worry about pushing it away from the danger zone.

Who is surprised we lost today? All the super fans who think changing the manager transforms the club. They are idiots. A few more games, about 15, and we can take our first tentative guess

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here