Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

wealdgull

NSC Patron
Dec 7, 2017
We're definitely going to lose today unfortunately.

Potter's style is absolutely brilliant - except when we're a man down, it leaves us too exposed and it's only a matter of time.

Perhaps, but that was just terrible marking.

How many times do we have to be been done over by Grealish before we learn to man mark him?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Can’t believe he has kept 2 up front when down to 10 men and 1 up away from home.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Mooy was silly for the second tackle which was no doubt a yellow, but the first one is awful refereeing. The villa player took the free kick about 5/6 yards away from the foul (and I use that word lightly!)

D

Deleted member 2719

Okay so we are 1 goal and 1 man adrift, can Potter retrieve this away from home?

One thing I think we all know now he won't be sitting back to sneak a last-minute set-piece!

The stats are really quite good for an away performance.

Attachments

• Villa.PNG
    Villa.PNG
    17.3 KB · Views: 186

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Imbecilic initial yellow for Mooy for kicking that ball away, so unnecessary and has cost us big time. Utterly infuriating. Arrrrggggh!!!!

:rant::angry::censored:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Not sure Potterball works with 10 men.

Such a shame. Another game with 3 points there for the taking and we’ll be truly lucky to get 1 now.

Agree with this, you can see us getting pulled apart like we did against Southampton. We should be playing more compact but he doesn't seem to want to change it. They've been all over us since the red

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Disappointing end to the half but I still think we’ve got a chance of winning this.

They are so emotionally fired up to win this game and putting themselves under massive pressure to win it, especially now we’re down to 10. They’re reaction to the disallowed goal was totally OTT.

With a little tactical tweak and as said above, Alzate on for Connolly, I could see us holding our own and them making a mistake and maybe sneaking a goal on the break.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
SSN reporter creaming herself on how Villa are really going for it now!

Did hope we could get to half time (and maybe parachute CH in for 45 minutes!) Oh well, if we can get a point now I'd settle for it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Christ I hate Grealish. Everything decent they do comes through him and we can’t handle him. He also thinks he’s reffing the game. The wanker

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

We're definitely going to lose today unfortunately.

Potter's style is absolutely brilliant - except when we're a man down, it leaves us too exposed and it's only a matter of time.

Agree with this but I wouldn’t swap Potterball with another style that is better suited to 10 men; we looked so god damned good with 11 men FFS, we just can’t afford these sending offs!

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Disappointing end to the half but I still think we’ve got a chance of winning this.

They are so emotionally fired up to win this game and putting themselves under massive pressure to win it, especially now we’re down to 10. They’re reaction to the disallowed goal was totally OTT.

With a little tactical tweak and as said above, Alzate on for Connolly, I could see us holding our own and them making a mistake and maybe sneaking a goal on the break.

I’d go with Trossard, not Alzate

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Moody's first booking was the most annoying. He was basically just being a dick. My immediate thought after the booking was "you idiot you're going to have to be extra careful going into tackles thanks to doing something completely needless "

Then minutes later he gets a 2nd booking. Frustrating to say the least.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Very unlucky sending off imo. I don’t agree this indicates a discipline problem, just a very harsh yellow for basically extremely minimal contact. Poor refereeing. Also Grealish should reaction was pathetic.

Going to be tough now, would probably settle for a point.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
At least VAR did its job and ruled out the first after that foul. No idea how it missed the foul in the 2nd though.

When Connolly was pole-axed?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Holy **** me!

That was an eventful half. We looked to be cruising for 35 minutes, not a question of if we'd win but by how many. Then Mooy gets a stupid red card, Villa get their tails up, we go into wobble mode and it all goes tits up. Var is ridiculous, their goal should have stood. Wish that one had and Grealish's hadn't. He's very objectionable isn't he(although to be fair he is playing very well).

Burn needs help on the left. He was struggling a bit with Mooy in front, now with nobody he's all at sea. Maybe we should go the three at the back, bring Duffy in to man handle Wesley and put Burn or Alzate at wing back. Keep Stephens and Propper in the middle and play with two of Maupay, Connolly or Gross up front.

Whatever we do we're going to do well to get out of this with anything now which is very very frustrating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here