Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Aston Villa throwing themselves to the floor.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
5live earlier spoke in detail about the injustice to Villa i.e. should’ve been a pen.

Not a word about a team diving throughout.

Media narratives are to be ignored, you get far more sense and a range of views on a fans forum.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
After Welbeck got clattered on Saturday for the penalty, there was a split second where he thought about staying on his feet , then realised the Premier league plays football under different rules and lobbed himself to the floor , just in case on the off chance it was reviewed by VAR !

Players are coached how to perform under VAR rules , every team and every player is aware of the fact that if your honest in football tackle wise then your at a disadvantage to everyone else !

Sad but ultimately true , VAR has completely ruined the spontaneity of football , I hate it even though we've been on the end of some favourable decisions, it's ripping the heart out of football .

Yup players dived before VAR but it's so widespread now it's laughable and is just not cricket .

Some players are better at it than others and VAR VAR doesn't take that into account when fishing out dodgy penalties and free kicks , it just looks at the contact .

Pffffffffffffffft

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't mind players going down when, if they made any effort, they could stay on their feet.

What I hate is players clutching the wrong part of their body in agony. So Grealish... why clutch your un-kicked leg ?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Villa’s main tactic is to try win free kicks around the penalty area. They did it for the whole of last season but somehow referees still haven’t cottoned on to it.

It’s also laughable that they complain about VAR when they are only still in the Premier League because goalline technology didn’t work properly last season.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I do wonder if players, not just Grealish but every player who likes to take a tumble, looks back on the replays and thinks "oof, what was I playing at?"

Or if they've got zero shame at all.

I presume the latter.

When James Maddison got sent off at the Amex a couple of years ago he did say something like that. But that's the only time I've heard a player say it

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Maupay and Connolly also do it on a regular basis.

Maybe some players are more renowned than others, but I would be hesitant to single anyone out. Pot/kettle.

Accept the point however, you really only need a pair of eyes to see they do it on a far more consistent basis than the rest of the league. I can't recall of the top of my head once when we've done it this season (scored a goal from a set piece which shouldn't have been a set piece that is..)

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Villa’s main tactic is to try win free kicks around the penalty area. They did it for the whole of last season but somehow referees still haven’t cottoned on to it.

It’s also laughable that they complain about VAR when they are only still in the Premier League because goalline technology didn’t work properly last season.

100% this.

We can all moan at the SEGW falling over from minimal contact, but at least he’s generally trying to play the ball when it happens.

All Grealish does is deliberately slow down or dummy a motion, in order to draw an unnatural conclusion and make it look like a foul has been committed - when if he actually tried to play the move properly, it wouldn’t have been.

It’s cynical, calculated and deliberate, whereas Zaha tends to just make the most of an opportunity - more than most players.

Can’t believe I’m actually saying this, but I find Zaha less objectionable than Sock Boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Genuinely wouldn't want him anywhere near our team..

If he were a Brighton boy, playing for his local team?

I presume you're camped outside Connolly's house right now waving 'Connolly OUT!' placard? ???

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020

I presume you're camped outside Connolly's house right now waving 'Connolly OUT!' placard? ???

Struggling to see your point.. Are you suggesting Connolly is as bad as Grealish when it comes to diving? If so that's ridiculous.

I wouldn't want Grealish in our team if he was born on the pier. Overrated cheat and I think we have as good as or better midfielders in Trossard, Lallana ect..

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Struggling to see your point.. Are you suggesting Connolly is as bad as Grealish when it comes to diving? If so that's ridiculous.

I wouldn't want Grealish in our team if he was born on the pier. Overrated cheat and I think we have as good as or better midfielders in Trossard, Lallana ect..

Do you genuinely think Lallana and Trossard are as good or better than Grealish?! Wow.

el punal

Ladies. Pull up your knickers and make me a cup of tea.

If Grealish was a Brighton boy, in our team, we'd have 24 hour boners. Fact. :shrug:

But he’s not, so at the moment I’m allowed to despise the little shit. By the way, I’m too old to have a boner never mind for 24 hours. :tantrum:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

There is no comparison in the scale Harry. That’s the point being made on this thread. Saying what about this or that player doing it occasionally does not negate the point about the industrial scale of cheating indulged in by Grealish and Trezeguet.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Do you genuinely think Lallana and Trossard are as good or better than Grealish?! Wow.

What you mean Lallana who's won the champions league, premier league and numerous caps for England who carried Southampton through the divisions.. Yes.

As for Trossard I think he is basically Grealish without the cheating, scores and assists, takes players on is capped for a far better national side. I'd also put Bissouma in the catagory of as good as if not better despite playing different positions.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The only way it will change is if it stops working.

At the moment, falling over like you have been shot or are having a heart attack at the slightest contact, is a valid tactic; free kicks and penalties await.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here