Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Aston Villa 1 - 0 Brentford, and then...

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The biggest problem at Villa this year is the manager. Massively overrated.

Gardener is terrible though. The thought of that non tackling midfield featuring him that Hyypia used to put out still gives me nightmares.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I feel sorry for Gardner, and for Elphick. The fans must be extremely annoyed after a few years of barely winning any games of football at all, they finally get relegated and they still can't win any games of football. They've spent all this money on players, with no real return, and they appointed a manager who has consistently let teams down since leaving Chelsea. There was such a furore when Chelsea sacked him but he's only done a bad job since. All reputation and no achievements since Chelsea's dressing room won them the Champions League.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It's been a while since we've had a genuine leader at the back.

If Elphick and Chester stay fit then we have the best pairing in the league.

Quote from a couple weeks ago on a 30 page Tommy elphick thread.

Haha wow. So deluded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
The biggest problem at Villa this year is the manager. Massively overrated.

Gardener is terrible though. The thought of that non tackling midfield featuring him that Hyypia used to put out still gives me nightmares.

And about as quick as warren aspinal is now.

Well and truly one of the worst players I have seen play for us in the last 6 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

el punal

I must admit that of all the football fans from various clubs that I've met in the last few years Villa fans are the most negative. Even when they were challenging on three fronts, FA Cup, League Cup and a top four finish back in 2010 ( under Martin O'Neill ) all was doom and gloom. I bet they wish they were in that position now.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I must admit that of all the football fans from various clubs that I've met in the last few years Villa fans are the most negative. Even when they were challenging on three fronts, FA Cup, League Cup and a top four finish back in 2010 ( under Martin O'Neill ) all was doom and gloom. I bet they wish they were in that position now.

Think you will find its Brummie people in general !!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yet another thread about a Semi player being shitehouse (I accept GG has appeared more than once :lol: )

How good would we have been, that season, with Hughton managing from August?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Midlands based family reckon there is already intense pressure on Di Matteo booed off last night and the fans are already vitong with their feet, fewer than 30,000 there last night.

Tony Xia has publically said that top 2 is the target for last season before European domination over the follwing 4 years, and they're already 7 points off where they need to be after only 7 games.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Funny really: they must be up there with Newcastle in financial terms, and they've certainly picked up a few expensive players this summer. Potentially they're every bit as big a club as Newcastle too. Yet they haven't recovered from last season's disaster yet.

In terms of pots, far bigger than Newcastle.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I know it's after the horse has bolted but reading that thread on Brighton to win and Palarse to lose it got me thinking. If you'd backed the draw on 85 minutes in Aston Villa's last three home matches you'd be in a lot of clover. The odds on each occasion must have been around 6/1.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I do kind of wish Newcastle and Villa position were reversed. Villa fans didn't give half as much "We're going to walk this league" as the Toon fans did.

Yep. I like Villa fans. I worked for a bit in Brum and to a man they were all passionate about their club and all completely resigned to Villa letting them down. Their fatalism makes even the worst doom-mongers on here look like happy clappers. None of them gave it the big club b*llocks when I said I was a Brighton fan either.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I thought they might struggle due to the manager set-up.
How can you have Di Matteo as manager, then ex manager Steve Clarke as No2 and ex manager Kevin Bond as coach.
Too many managers = big cock up.
So many egos on the bench they will have to raise the dugout roof to get alll the heads in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here