Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
On sale tomorrow.....roll up, roll up.

AV.JPG

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I really hope we take every ticket we can and then sell out - it would be the right message to PB and shut up those of us who have been dismayed by the stance thus far
Points totals look low so this feels more promising , maybe 3k?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Villa (away) tickets

On sale now…..less than 1400 available. Looks like another reduced allocation ??

Edit - didn’t see other thread….Mods pls merge :dunce:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
If the Club have NOT secured a demand-based option on sections P9 and P11, which are the upper tier sections currently blanked out on the ticket website page, then I think we can be certain there will be a meltdown of angry fans missing out yet again because of the club’s inexplicably crazy decision to take substantially reduced allocation.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If the Club have NOT secured a demand-based option on sections P9 and P11, which are the upper tier sections currently blanked out on the ticket website page, then I think we can be certain there will be a meltdown of angry fans missing out yet again because of the club’s inexplicably crazy decision to take substantially reduced allocation.

If that’s the case it really is becoming unacceptable. My son is now old enough for away games but obviously doesn’t have super fan points. I’ve no idea how to get them up to the required level. Villa should be one of those games where you can. I accept that we won’t get Brentford or Chelsea but the Midlands is a good compromise to get youngsters into away days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
No chance this goes down to members level does it? [emoji28]

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If that’s the case it really is becoming unacceptable. My son is now old enough for away games but obviously doesn’t have super fan points. I’ve no idea how to get them up to the required level. Villa should be one of those games where you can. I accept that we won’t get Brentford or Chelsea but the Midlands is a good compromise to get youngsters into away days.

Email to PB?

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007

I'm in the same situation with my boys. Was hoping to get Norwich tickets, but no joy.. Southampton/Villa are next targets. Do we know for sure the club aren't taking full allocations available?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
The Club is probably required to make its decision on ticket demand with the host club something like 3 months or more in advance, so the host club has time to do its own planning, pricing and marketing etc if we decide not to take the full allocation.

So, the decision on projected demand for the Villa game on 20th November was probably taken by our Club back in mid August. And that decision will have been based on flawed logic and wrong assumptions that fans would not travel in same numbers as usual, due to covid, or financial hardship,mor ‘done that stadium now’ or something else.

The Club’s analysis, logic and demand projections have been spectacularly pessimistic for several games in a row, and I bet the Club and Barber are mighty embarrassed about that, and there’s naff all they can do (other than stay quiet, as they clearly are) because the decision in the Billa case was made about 9 weeks ago.

The Club are clearly so embarrassed they don’t even publish the allocation number any more. But we can all go on the ticket website and count up what’s on offer at 9am on day one, and today it shows about 1450 initially on sale.

On the basis that the decision is taken 3+ months in advance, and as the REAL demand learning was not becoming clear until late Sept/ early Oct, it is likely that the first game they reach their senses and take the FULL allocation will be Chelsea on 29 Dec, or even Leicester on 22 Jan.

Old Mustard Sweater has to wear this one as an abject failure of his team’s demand projections, and he is just hunkering down hoping it will go away quietly (which it won’t) because there is absolutely nothing he can do about it, and the poor decisions will still be stinking the place out in another 6 weeks from now.

Poor show. I have 340+. But I feel genuinely terribly sorry for people (like G above) who have families growing up who want to go, but have no chance of building points, just watching themselves get further and further away, as those with points stock up more) and also for new My Albion+ members, who will almost certainly not see any away game, for years. Which is a travesty, and a failure by the Club to deliver a ‘Membership’ that offers something of genuine value.

Mustard, if you’re reading this, you got this badly badly wrong. Have a drains up review, and fix it for the future as quick as you possibly can.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Ok. I emailed supporter services this morning and have been told that we have been allocated around 3000 tickets. That being so I assume that jf the 1400 are going well we will have further tickets available. If we can sell out the whole allocation it really will send the right message to PB AND give us great backing at Villa Park. Please let’s make it happen

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Ooh it’s a corner;10049358 said:
Ok. I emailed supporter services this morning and have been told that we have been allocated around 3000 tickets. That being so I assume that jf the 1400 are going well we will have further tickets available. If we can sell out the whole allocation it really will send the right message to PB AND give us great backing at Villa Park. Please let’s make it happen

That being the case, it's a little annoying to hold back one of the best blocks P9. Put that on sale first, Shirley?

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
The Club is probably required to make its decision on ticket demand with the host club something like 3 months or more in advance, so the host club has time to do its own planning, pricing and marketing etc if we decide not to take the full allocation.

So, the decision on projected demand for the Villa game on 20th November was probably taken by our Club back in mid August. And that decision will have been based on flawed logic and wrong assumptions that fans would not travel in same numbers as usual, due to covid, or financial hardship,mor ‘done that stadium now’ or something else.

The Club’s analysis, logic and demand projections have been spectacularly pessimistic for several games in a row, and I bet the Club and Barber are mighty embarrassed about that, and there’s naff all they can do (other than stay quiet, as they clearly are) because the decision in the Billa case was made about 9 weeks ago.

The Club are clearly so embarrassed they don’t even publish the allocation number any more. But we can all go on the ticket website and count up what’s on offer at 9am on day one, and today it shows about 1450 initially on sale.

On the basis that the decision is taken 3+ months in advance, and as the REAL demand learning was not becoming clear until late Sept/ early Oct, it is likely that the first game they reach their senses and take the FULL allocation will be Chelsea on 29 Dec, or even Leicester on 22 Jan.

Old Mustard Sweater has to wear this one as an abject failure of his team’s demand projections, and he is just hunkering down hoping it will go away quietly (which it won’t) because there is absolutely nothing he can do about it, and the poor decisions will still be stinking the place out in another 6 weeks from now.

Poor show. I have 340+. But I feel genuinely terribly sorry for people (like G above) who have families growing up who want to go, but have no chance of building points, just watching themselves get further and further away, as those with points stock up more) and also for new My Albion+ members, who will almost certainly not see any away game, for years. Which is a travesty, and a failure by the Club to deliver a ‘Membership’ that offers something of genuine value.

Mustard, if you’re reading this, you got this badly badly wrong. Have a drains up review, and fix it for the future as quick as you possibly can.

My wife was in the same position. Low points and well behind my points but slowly and surely by getting what away tickets we could and also watching the unglamorous Carabao cup games she is gradually creeping up the points table. It can be done but not overnight.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Enjoy Leicester tomorrow, and the 15 points you’ll be harvesting - should help :whistle::thumbsup:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

On what basis do you think the club are 'required' to make a decision 3 months before the game? You seem to forget that games are switch for TV with only about a months notice. For Villa, they are selling tickets from the end blocks. If they go quickly I suspect they will take up more of the allocation. So far, it would seem only Liverpool has possibly been underestimated and maybe Norwich. Burnley didn't sell out and very limited allocation for Brentford. Palace we sold our small allocation.

Most of what you say is just supposition. The away club will already know what their pricing strategy will be for tickets we don't take up. As for 'marketing strategy' they will do what every club does if the full allocation isn't taken, ie just whack out a load of emails to their fan database.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here