Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ashworth has ‘major say in [the Albion’s] first team’

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Should have just bought the Burker back and this wouldn't be a problem.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think Ashworth has an influence in the 1st team squad list issued to the FA, twice a year. Poor use of the word ‘team’ by Naylor when he clearly meant ‘squad’.

The idea that Ashworth has a say in the starting 11 is frankly ludicrous, no Manager would accept that.

This.

Nothing to see here.

I have never liked Naylor, going back more than 20 years. Always only a few carelessly-chosen words short of shit stirring.

Nobody at the club would have fed him this bollocks.

Actually, rather appalled that some on here have leapt on this story like starving rats on rancid throwawy from Ginster, in their glee to see trouble at t'mill ???.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
This.

Nothing to see here.

I have never liked Naylor, going back more than 20 years. Always only a few carelessly-chosen words short of shit stirring.

Actually, rather appalled that some on here have leapt on this story like starving rats on rancid throwawy from Ginster, in their glee to see trouble at t'mill ???.

Is this the same Andy Naylor who told us that BZ would never return to the club a few weeks before errr BZ returned to the club? :facepalm:

His last days at the Argus seemed to be spent winding-up and slagging off the fans.

I always took the view that Naylor knew little more about what was going on at the club than most on these boards and in a few cases, significantly less.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm sure Ashcroft has no role in choosing the starting XI.

But I'm equally sure that Potter doesn't make decisions like, say, moving on Knockeart when issues (allegedly) go beyond playing abilty.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I'm sure Ashcroft has no role in choosing the starting XI.

But I'm equally sure that Potter doesn't make decisions like, say, moving on Knockeart when issues (allegedly) go beyond playing abilty.

Indeed - it's important to note that Potter is Head Coach, not Manager, suggesting his role is restricted to training/game matters. Hughton was Manager.

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You cheeky scamp [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] :)

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I think Ashworth has an influence in the 1st team squad list issued to the FA, twice a year. Poor use of the word ‘team’ by Naylor when he clearly meant ‘squad’.

The idea that Ashworth has a say in the starting 11 is frankly ludicrous, no Manager would accept that.

You’d be surprised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This.

Nothing to see here.

Did Naylor have a childish grudge against NSC in the end, with the occasional barbed comment?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
If an article would stop me subscribing that would be it. Using word team rather then squad just winds people up. With his contacts it would be a major surprise if he didnt have influence on players coming in to all squads. To indicate he may have say on team selection is a farce

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

Potter’s role is not ‘manager’ though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

The idea that Ashworth has a say in the starting 11 is frankly ludicrous, no Manager would accept that[.B].

Maybe Hughton wouldn't, and got sacked. Are we cognisant of the exact terms and conditions to which GP agreed in order to facilitate his fast track move from the Championship to the PL?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here