Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Fletcher on loan

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Hello all,

I'm not usually one for transfers news but I have a bit of info I thought I'd share. Someone I know who works at West Ham says we have a very strong interest in signing Ashley Fletcher on loan for the rest of the season.

He's featured a fair bit this season, playing 11 league games (mostly from the bench), but they're looking to loan him to a Championship side as they're trying to sign one or two strikers. Apparently no deal in place to make it permanent as they see him as one for the future.

He had a decent loan spell at Barnsley last year and helped them get promoted (scored the opener in the play off final). Also has a bit of PL experience now. Will be interesting to see if he can cut it at this level.

Thoughts?

Yes - newbie bollo*x post.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Why on earth would he come here to challenge for a spot on the bench, makes no sense.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why on earth would he come here to challenge for a spot on the bench, makes no sense.
If he's been good enough to play in the PL for the Sham several times, isn't it likely he'd be good enough to play for us?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Saw him up front at Old Trafford I think I'm a TV game and he impressed me. Cover for Baldock/extra option up front and low risk. Odd how someone's started this with their first post though - although would be a random rumour to make up :lol:

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
If he's been good enough to play in the PL for the Sham several times, isn't it likely he'd be good enough to play for us?

Quite possibly, but would certainly be a risk unbalancing a pretty stable starting eleven that haven't lost since September.
Would be harsh to drop Baldock at the moment, and unless we promise him a place West Ham gain very little by sending him here, whereas elsewhere they may get the lad more experience. In my head it just seems an unlikely fit for both parties.
If he does end up here I just hope he knows he'll have to fight for a place, and fingers crossed he's dynamite.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Hello all,

I'm not usually one for transfers news but I have a bit of info I thought I'd share. Someone I know who works at West Ham says we have a very strong interest in signing Ashley Fletcher on loan for the rest of the season.

He's featured a fair bit this season, playing 11 league games (mostly from the bench), but they're looking to loan him to a Championship side as they're trying to sign one or two strikers. Apparently no deal in place to make it permanent as they see him as one for the future.

He had a decent loan spell at Barnsley last year and helped them get promoted (scored the opener in the play off final). Also has a bit of PL experience now. Will be interesting to see if he can cut it at this level.

Thoughts?

Don't you think that, given their current 'predicament' the Hammers need to hold on to any worthwhile asset they have so probably are trying to offload whoever to be able to bring in anyone better ! So ' NO ' !

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
think he looks like would be a great addition. yes for me. just what we need as cover for baldock. if/when we gt over the line. we can broaden our search for permanent cover/1st team

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Quite possibly, but would certainly be a risk unbalancing a pretty stable starting eleven that haven't lost since September.
Who said he'd start? He'd have to fight for his place like everyone else.
Would be harsh to drop Baldock at the moment, and unless we promise him a place West Ham gain very little by sending him here
We never promise anyone a place. West Sham will be looking to strengthen though, and probably think he's likely to get more time at a Championship club than there.

In my head it just seems an unlikely fit for both parties.
It might well not happen, could be totally made up, I just didn't get the logic that he's not good enough for us.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would be very happy to get him as competition for Baldock.

I guess now this one will run and run until West Ham sort out Payet at least... or get Hogan in possibly

Scored in the EFL Trophy Final and Play Off final I believe, so likes the big occasion which is good.

Get it Done Tony.

This is actually one of the more sensible rumours i would suggest.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Nice movement and good range of passes if that video reel is anything to go by.
Plus I don't understand this NEED FOR A PROVEN GOAL SCORER?
I thought we just needed backup for SB. Someone with pace that can stretch a defence.
This lad could get the job done..

You don't understand the need for a proven goal scorer? Sorry, this is football, its about scoring goals. If we had another 20+ goal striker in the squad, do you think Baldock would be starting every game?

Robbie Keane for me, or someone similar. Assuming we're losing or drawing with 30 to go, a pacey striker isn't going to help us break down a stubborn defence, but an experienced striker who knows how to find space and an eye for goal is exactly what we need.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No thanks we've already SINGED Robbie Keane, Lewis GRABBING, Miller Bollanos and Michael OWEN

What's happened to YAW sauce, ENREST? He's SEAMS a bit QUITE at the moment ???

charliechalk1973

Jan 12, 2017
Don't you think that, given their current 'predicament' the Hammers need to hold on to any worthwhile asset they have so probably are trying to offload whoever to be able to bring in anyone better ! So ' NO ' !

Well from what I've been told it seems dependent on West Ham getting a striker or two in before they let him go our on loan.

OK, he may well only be on the bench but there's a good chance he will get on most games. CH often subs Baldock around the 70 minute mark, and if we have a Baldock mark 2 on the bench there's a good chance he will get on. Then it's up to him, if he has a stormer (or maybe a couple) then CH may well give him a start.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You don't understand the need for a proven goal scorer? Sorry, this is football, its about scoring goals. If we had another 20+ goal striker in the squad, do you think Baldock would be starting every game?

Robbie Keane for me, or someone similar. Assuming we're losing or drawing with 30 to go, a pacey striker isn't going to help us break down a stubborn defence, but an experienced striker who knows how to find space and an eye for goal is exactly what we need.

Absolutely. Robbie Keane would be perfect in our situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here