Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Obviously the whole of NSC does not speak with one voice. It would be unbearably boring if it did and I'd have flounced in around about 2005. However, I was thinking of threads - yes plural (3 started at once) like this....

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...of-many-threads/page5&highlight=Ashley+Barnes
I have always been a Barnes fan, so you won't find any derogatory posts from me. Perhaps you'd like to search the other 17 contributors in this thread to find their hateful posts?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I have always been a Barnes fan, so you won't find any derogatory posts from me. Perhaps you'd like to search the other 17 contributors in this thread to find their hateful posts?

Did you deliberately miss out reading the first and second sentence of the post you quoted?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
The point - which appears not to be obvious to the people who think this is about them rather than Ash - is that footballers and their agents are not noted for their ability to painstakingly log which of the users of a site has been nasty and which nice. There were some horrid posts and threads about Barnes while he was here which would have no doubt been relayed to him along with some of the weird abuse from the terraces. The user names and avatars are utterly irrelevant.

Yoda

English & European
An ACL injury long term is not as bad as the PCL nowadays. The reconstructive surgery is a lot easier and heals quicker. Depending on the surgeon, can be back in 6 months.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The point - which appears not to be obvious to the people who think this is about them rather than Ash - is that footballers and their agents are not noted for their ability to painstakingly log which of the users of a site has been nasty and which nice. There were some horrid posts and threads about Barnes while he was here which would have no doubt been relayed to him along with some of the weird abuse from the terraces. The user names and avatars are utterly irrelevant.
It happens at all clubs though.

At least he didn't get the crowd throat slitting gestures that they dished out to HollowWay at palace :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
An ACL injury long term is not as bad as the PCL nowadays. The reconstructive surgery is a lot easier and heals quicker. Depending on the surgeon, can be back in 6 months.

In which case, you can almost guarantee that he will play, score, celebrate & upset the haters even more.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
"It's Gus' fault.

He plays a player out of his depth week in week out in the championship. So It's no wonder Barnes gets frustrated. Ashley Barnes is a league 1 or 2 player....I wish I was. I hope he moves back down to the level he belongs as although I don't rate him and don't want him in an albion shirt (and I'm tempted to say told you so to a lot on here, but I am probably on their ignore lists anyhow.) he doesn't deserve some of the comments that will probably come his way."

One of my favourite posts from the 'Bye Bye Barnes' thread :lol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I doubt he'll be playing against us this coming season. Lousy luck for him on the last day of the season.

[tweet]603260971709288450[/tweet]

Not forgetting the mediocre Barnes was officially the dirtiest player of the season in the Prem last season. Still, I wish him a speedy recovery, but more interested in our current players if I'm honest. Don't understand the Ash love-in on here. Now, Ulloa, that's another story.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not forgetting the mediocre Barnes was officially the dirtiest player of the season in the Prem last season. Still, I wish him a speedy recovery, but more interested in our current players if I'm honest. Don't understand the Ash love-in on here. Now, Ulloa, that's another story.

Ashley Barnes is still the highest Brighton scorer in the Amex period.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ashley Barnes is still the highest Brighton scorer in the Amex period.

So what? Ulloa was here for 5 mins in comparison...

Without checking, I'm willing to bet Ash's goals to game ratio with us is far poorer than Leo's...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So what? Ulloa was here for 5 mins in comparison...

Without checking, I'm willing to bet Ash's goals to game ratio with us is far poorer than Leo's...

So what? Any striker who scores goals for us is good.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Of course Ash is better than what we have now. Again, so what? Our current crop of strikers were appalling last season...

How many did Ash get in the Prem last season? What about Leo? Hmmm. As I say, why the Ash love-in?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course Ash is better than what we have now. Again, so what? Our current crop of strikers were appalling last season...

How many did Ash get in the Prem last season? What about Leo? Hmmm. As I say, why the Ash love-in?

I've been a fan since we bought him from Plymouth and see no reason to change my opinion now.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I've been a fan since we bought him from Plymouth and see no reason to change my opinion now.

Fairy Nuff... I'm hoping (probably in vain) for better TBH...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here