Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
There will still be certain members of NSC who will still somehow find fault with Barnes today. Give it an hour or 2 for peeps to get home and watch the binfest begin!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Rubbish, League 1 standard. Oh shit, you've just given the moaners a scrap to feed on.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He is quality, as said before, he's young and still learning...

30 league goals in 80 matches...21 of these appearances as a sub...not a bad return if you ask me.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
this season:

With Barnes starting W14 D9 L6 average points 1.76 (48%win, 21%loss)
Without Barnes starting W3 D2 L6 average points 1.00 (27%win, 55%loss)

includes cup games as 'points'

obviously not enough data to be statistically significant but good ammunition against the moaners

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
thought Barnes was poor today but he scored 2 great goals.i am not in the barnes slagging of camp,just saw it like that today.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Barnes generally played well today, the witchhunt when he made his FIRST mistake of the game was embarrassing, some people have genuinely got an agenda against the lad. He soon shut up the twats in our crowd with two really well taken goals.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We could have won today if it wasn't for Barnes.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
thought Barnes was poor today but he scored 2 great goals.i am not in the barnes slagging of camp,just saw it like that today.

Utter rubbish, if you thought Barnes was poor today you must have been looking somewhere other than the pitch during the first half; I thought his first half performance today was probably the best he has ever played for us. Yes he faded slightly with a couple of misplaced passes in the second half - but he wasn't alone in doing that - and his two goals make up for that.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
He had an awful start to the second half, everyone near me was saying he should be subbed but his first goal was sheer class and he played a brilliant ball to CMS.

There doesnt seem to be many people in the middle with Barnes. He's either shit or amazing. In my opinion he is neither. He is a good player on paper. The stats show that your going to get goals out of him. I am happy with that. Im happy with Barnes tapping them in or applying good finishes like today and playing through the middle so he can do that. However he does not...

For the first time in a number of games Barnes got himself into the more central striking places and thus finished up with two good STRIKERS goals. Why Gus puts him on the right or left I do not know! He serves absolutely no purpose in the position. Yes, yes he does defend well at times. For a striker. so did Glenn Murray. But I can name countless times in the game were the ball came to Barnes in an advanced wingers position and he had absolutely no clue what to do with it. He tried a stepover and did a Heskey. Passed the ball out of play twice and failed on countless occasions to offer any tenacity in attacking from that left flank. However he moves in centre and scores twice.

Gus should have him upfront with CMS. Dont station him out on the left he could defend from there but for christ sake he's a goal poacher not a left sided midfielder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here