Ashley Barnes

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Class player. Can't believe so many people have such a low opinion of him, his movement, pace and finishing are first class. Sign him up now.

:clap:

I'll second that.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Class player. Can't believe so many people have such a low opinion of him, his movement, pace and finishing are first class. Sign him up now.

Pace and finishing I'll give you, but apart from that his game is limited. He's a battering ram type forward, all his runs are in a straight line towards goal but at this level I suppose it it works as that is exactly what Lambert does.

I still maintain that with the very notable exception of putting the ball in the net, Holdroyd has the better all round game. But that said, the goals to games record for a forward is the all important stat and you can't argue with it at the moment. Over the course of a season though I can't see him keeping it up and I think he'll get found out.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Pace and finishing I'll give you, but apart from that his game is limited. He's a battering ram type forward, all his runs are in a straight line towards goal but at this level I suppose it it works as that is exactly what Lambert does.

I still maintain that with the very notable exception of putting the ball in the net, Holdroyd has the better all round game. But that said, the goals to games record for a forward is the all important stat and you can't argue with it at the moment. Over the course of a season though I can't see him keeping it up and I think he'll get found out.

Well, you must have been watching different games to me. Not sure where you get 'battering ram' from either, he's anything but a battering ram. He's looked a lot better than Murray has in his last few games.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.

Agree apart from the bit about finishing.

Tranmere keeper should of saved his shot for his 1st goal.
He couldn't miss against Saints.
and his goal at Southend was pretty lucky. :shrug:

Had a nice finish ruled out but apart from that...

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Agree apart from the bit about finishing.

Tranmere keeper should of saved his shot for his 1st goal.
He couldn't miss against Saints.
and his goal at Southend was pretty lucky. :shrug:

Had a nice finish ruled out but apart from that...

Are you kidding me? That was a stunning header. Why does it seem like people are trying to put a downer on the fact he has scored 3 goals in 5 appearances? Fact is, when he gets chances, he scores. He put about 5 chances on a plate for Murray against Gills and Murray managed to f*** them all up. Had Barnes been on the end of those chances I would bet my house on him scoring.

People obviously have differing opinions but I can't believe how different mine is compared to some of yours. Ah well. :shrug:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Well, you must have been watching different games to me. Not sure where you get 'battering ram' from either, he's anything but a battering ram. He's looked a lot better than Murray has in his last few games.

Because with his straight line runs towards goal he's relying on overpowering and outpacing the defenders, I don't mean his physique.

I agree with the post above, had the Tranmere keeper saved his shot like he should've and had Lua Lua put that cross 6 inches higher people would've been saying send him back.

But than if my granny had bollocks..... He's got a knack of scoring at the moment, I just rekon the rest of his game is too limited and defences will work him out.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Because with his straight line runs towards goal he's relying on overpowering and outpacing the defenders, I don't mean his physique.

I agree with the post above, had the Tranmere keeper saved his shot like he should've and had Lua Lua put that cross 6 inches higher people would've been saying send him back.

But than if my granny had bollocks..... He's got a knack of scoring at the moment, I just rekon the rest of his game is too limited and defences will work him out.

His runs caused Southend(esp) + Gills + Southampton defences absolute hell, I completely disagree with what you say but fair enough.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
His movement and looking for space is very good, but needs to work on his body strength to many times he holds the ball up and loses it. I'm not sure about permanent signing, because can he be a 25+ goal scorer to get us promoted next season? I honestly don't think so.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Reckon Davies and Dickinson may well go and Gus will /already is looking out for an established striker.....really a must if are serious about going up next season imho!!

Big Ernie McCracken

Mar 9, 2009
the sooner we get rid of Murray the better, he is over rated and has a very poor goal return, he is lazy and plays on his terms, definately not a team man

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Gus picks him, he gets goals, What's not to love ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He scores goals... that is what matters for a striker... sign him up...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The 2 times i have seen him play I have been reasonably impressed.
Definately worth a punt i would say if the price is right as a back up forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports