hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I like the first comment after The Argus story about Barnes being at Burnley - 'if target practice is part of the medical then he'll be back with us by 5pm...' Boom, tish :D

Seriously though I will be sorry to see Ashley go, I hoped he might remain as a squad player and fight for his place. I think we will miss his versatility, willingness to put in the hard yards, his defensive work - and his goals.

I will wish him well. I guess (if) he is heading to Turf Moor so they will a ready replacement for Ings if he departs, so there will be expectations that Ashley will hit the ground running. He could flourish if Dyche plays him alongside Vokes.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think some people getting a little too upset over losing our current second choice striker (possibly 3rd when CMS is back). It's hardly the end of the world; not like losing Ulloa.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Selling a player for £750k (at least) who'd almost certainly be off in the summer anyway is not a disaster. Players come and go - get a grip.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cristiano Ronaldo is good - why isnt there a KNOWN queue of clubs looking to sign him.

It means nothing, for we know - there is clubs trying to sign him.

Blimey is Ronaldo surplus to requirements at Real Madrid then? If so I am AMAZED that there isn't a queue of clubs looking to sign him.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If he and Bridcutt go I will be very disappointed. I could understand it if we were midtable but to lose two of your better players when only just outside the play offs on GD is poor IMO. Even if we recruit replacements (not loans) I think we are unlikely to strengthen the squad in the short term. I worry if this happens and we miss the play offs what effect it will have on next seasons ST sales amongst other things...

I think if this happens that the rest of this month could be pivotal to the clubs short to medium term future...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Singing bye bye Asheley Ashley Barnes :(

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Latest Statement on BFC official website

Sean Dyche has confirmed that Brighton and Hove Albion striker Ashley Barnes is currently undergoing a medical at Turf Moor ahead of a proposed move.

Speaking on Thursday lunchtime, the Burnley boss said: “Ashley is having a medical and so long as that goes well we look forward to him hopefully signing.

“We are active with that now and the two clubs have certainly agreed on things, so it’s now down to the medial and tying up personal terms.”

Barnes, 24, has been with Albion since 2010 after signing from Plymouth Argyle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports